FLEM Mark II was awesome!
A laser theme park... Now there's an idea!
I made it back to Tavares around 2:30 AM Sunday morning. Drove back to Charleston later that afternoon and just crashed. Feeling better now though. (Lots of driving) At least the Jeep didn't give me any more trouble!
Great event guys. Thanks to everyone who participated. We had quite a few no-shows this time, but we also had some unexpected guests, including Patrick Murphy (the other founding member of Pangolin, now the Executive Director of ILDA), Aron Bacs (formerly an engineer and research director at AVI, now president of Bacs Design Incorporated), and one of our new members here, Robert Teorey of LaserTainment (sorry, can't remember the names of the crew members you brought with you). It sure was great to meet you all.
And yeah, the 3 RGB rigs running in sync really looked great - especially with the scrim in front. Clandestiny's pair of Lexel 85 argons were great to watch too. (Love those old-school beam tables!) And it looks like Allthat's RGB projector is finally working like it should. (Sweet!)
For those of you that tuned in to the PhotonLexicon Event page to watch, I hope you had fun. I apologize for all the problems with the choppy video in the beginning. We were running off a cellular air card for the first 6 hours or so, and that really hurt us. (Not enough bandwidth) Once we got the DSL link working it was better. Then too, we had lots of problems with the broadcast software crashing, especially when running on the air card. (Turns out that it doesn't play well with other software packages. It's fine if you run it by itself, but it doesn't like to share resources.)
Also, the sound was lousy. That's my fault. I had intended to pick up a decent sound mixer prior to the event, but I ran out of time so we used the microphone on the camera itself. (yuck) A mixing board would have made it so much better. Next time we'll have better sound.
If you missed the live webcam, I have some recorded clips here on my Utream.tv show page from FLEM Mark II. I didn't get as many as I wanted, because the damn broadcast widget kept crashing. (Each time it crashed, I lost whatever I was recording.) There may be a maximum length per clip as well, since it seemed to lock up after I had been recording for a while (longer than an hour). But who knows... Like I said above, the sound is pretty bad, but the video makes up for it. The clips that have a star on them are ones I've recorded in my home. The rest are clips from FLEM Mark II.
Once again, thanks to everyone who helped make this happen. I had a blast, and I'd do it all again in a heartbeat. (Even with all the problems I had with the Jeep!) It was a great time.
Now I have to go unload the Jeep. Ugh - where am I going to put all this stuff?:D
Adam