-
4 Attachment(s)
Cd White Beam !!
Hello All,
Well…after months of planning and building…and much help from many great guys at PL !!!...The First part of the projector build is achieved…First White Light from the CDBEAM projector#1. No scanner swinging the beam around yet…soon !! Unit has (1) Lasever 532nm@475mw, (1) MaXYZ 650nm@456mw and (1) Lasever 473@205mw. Many other things to still hook up…
With Mech3Eng as my teacher ( THANX MIKE !!!)…I have will use the same Thermal Management set up he has used: Auber PLC controllers coupled to SSR to monitor/control the additional TE/Fan/Heat Sink units…which are attached to the underside of the Blue and Green DPSS . A Logisys (3) Fan controller to monitor/control (2) inlet fans and (1) outlet fan. Still must connect and tune the Laserpic 30K scanners. The finished projector will be covered with a combo of aluminum sheet and Lexan clear plastic(maybe) . I went with the Pangolin LD-2000 hooked to a QM2000.net…WOW…Impressive ( and I have just started to Learn what the programme can do )…Pangolin does it ALL…and they are VERY ,VERY patient with us newbees !!!! I have made some mistakes…so far (smoked a Lasever 5VDC PS…DUH ! )….and am sure I will make some more….all you can do is educate yourself, go SLOW… and take advantage of the HUGH amount of experience of PL members !! I have attached some pics of the current progress. The beam output is greenish white… due the overkill on the Green DPSS. I have many other build pics…and look forward to the return of the PL gallery !!! Thanx for ALL your help !!!Bill ( Whitcher88 ) and I will hopefully carpool from Michigan for SELEM…that’s the plan !!! Later…and CDBEAM !!
-
congrats, looks great :)
now you just need to get yourself some scanners in there! :D
-
-
BMC ??
Thanx Guys !!!...And...There WILl Be a Projector#2....someday !!! Do you recognize the pic in my Avatar ????mmmm????Hint===> BMC !!!
Later...BoB
-
Wow, very nice!
Hom big is that thing, looks massive! :)
-
Bigger'n'Breadbox !!
Dar303,
It does look big in that first pic....but I think it is somewhat compact ????
Measures 14.5" W by 12.5" D by 14.5" H.....so...due the triple decker design...looks ..." chunky " ???? I started out with two (2) levels....but was forced to go to three (3) with the addition of the thermal managment
components ! Thanx !
BoB
-
BoB
thats looking mighty fine - and nicely made too. I like the 3d design and the way the top deck is neat and clear wiith good access. Cant wait to see it fully enclosed.
Nice work
Rob
-
Nice work Bob!
Bob, your projector is beautiful! I can see Mike's influence, both in the clean layout and in the serious thermal management. I'm sure you won't have any overheating problems!
My projector is nowhere near as clean. I guess I was in a hurry to get white light, so while I took my time with the alignment of the lasers and optics, I wasn't really concerned with the wiring runs. So the inside of my projector looks like an explosion at a spaghetti factory!
One day I'm going to rip everything out of my current projector box and re-build it with a cleaner design. One day...:D
Still, I can see that all the extra time you've spent planning your projector has really paid off. *very* clean design, Bob! And it looks like it will be as solid as a rock too.
Can't wait to see it in action at SELEM 2008 this summer. (Remember, Friday evening, August 15th, through Sunday evening, August 17th, in Newton, North Carolina!)
Adam
-
cdbeam-
WOW!!!! looks EXCELLENT!! love the stacked deck design. good idea!! could you elaborate a little more on the cooling you said you were incorporating?? seems very interesting...
oh, your avatar...from "Contact" right?? (GREAT movie!!)
-Marc
oh- could you try to get a couple shots of the "whiteness" of the beam?? (dot shot and beam shot?) curious as to the balance with those powers. only if it isnt too much trouble! :)
-
Very Nice! One day I'm gonna build an all solid state projector when my ion lasers die.