What would you say is the best housings for the diodes?
Aixiz or ?
Dont know if there are any others=?
Printable View
What would you say is the best housings for the diodes?
Aixiz or ?
Dont know if there are any others=?
... or Meredith. Not used Meredith modules myself but they are another solution. Link - http://www.mi-lasers.com/cgi-bin/sho...s=diode_optics.
I find Aixiz to do the job so stick with them. I've got some if you needed. Some other lens options from them too, Glass Bluray AR coated, Red AR coated, etc... Some tests on LPF are showing Aixiz glass 405nm AR Coated are doing quite well at collimating for a cheap solution while a more specific one is found.
M
:)
My build is going to be using 2 Meredith mounts :)
I don't really know to be honest. You get collimating lenses with them which worked very well with the open can reds but I will have to wait and see what they are like with the 445's.
Ive got a couple of the laserwave brass modules, anyone know what size lens they take?
The only thing that worries me about the Aixiz modules is the lack of thermally conductive metal within their build - They lack substance :rolleyes:
With a 1W 5.6mm diode slapped into one with a near 100% duty cycle there may be issues with cooling?
Thoughts?
Jayrob on LPF makes custom copper modules that have better heat transfer. He machines them to fit an aixiz size lens.
Edit: http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs...ads-50116.html
Rob
Now that sound good then.