SELEM - required equipment thread
I hope I am not stepping in where I shouldn't be by posting this thread but I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread to discuss required/suggested equipment for SELEM. What I mean by that is what each person should be responsible for bringing. I know some of you have been to a lot of these so this is not required for you but I'm still a noob to it all.
Here are some questions and suggestions.
I know last year Adam had extra stuff and helped me and that was cool. But, I think that each person being somewhat self sufficient makes things easier/faster for setting up and getting the show on the road without a lot of confusion.
Long ILDA cable?? First, since scaffolding will be used this year, that seems to infer that we might not be able to be sitting right next to our scanners like last year? So, will we need extra long ILDA cables? If so, how long? I might have to rig something up since I only have short ones.
Flashlight. I was a sucker last year without a clue. This year I will have one.
Extension cord. I thought ahead last year and brough my own.
Audio cables for hooking into a mixing board? What connectors? How long?
Ground isolation plugs?
Tape. Heck yea. Lots of wires to tape down, things to mask off, etc.
What else?
BYOB? :)
If you have any desire to be on the "network".
http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...chmentid=12914
A 50 to 100 foot network cable... any exrta routers, HUBs , and switchs wouldn't hurt. *vigil
Yes, bring that stand thingy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Stuka
I have a couple of light bars & speaker tripods that could be used if that would help.
I have 1/2 dozen 2" bounce mirrors, (3) 4" bounce mirrors, and a single 8" bounce mirror that can be mounted to the light bars, along with (2) 4" diffraction grating sheets that can be taped to a couple of the mirrors (it's been tested with my 1 watt green, and works pretty good!!)
Should I add these to the packing list?
I apologize... I forgot to add <cough>Stuka<cough> to my statement. *retardo
NEED LCD or DLP projector and wireless microphone for SELEM and for Safety Seminar
Hey guys;
Does anyone have either an LCD or a DLP projector that they could bring to SELEM? It would need to be someone who is planning on staying for Casey Stack's Laser Safety Seminar on Monday...
Reason I ask is that the guy I had lined up to bring one may not be able to attend now. :( And I'd like to have one available at SELEM, but I'll *need* one on Monday for Casey's presentation. (He's got slides on his laptop that he'll need to display for the group.)
I'm thinking that with the recent run on those Casio "slim green" projectors, someone ought to have one of those laying around that they can bring, right? *retardo
Also, it's not required, but it would be nice if someone could bring a wireless microphone. I've got a wired mic that we can use if we have to, but a wireless one would be much nicer. So, anyone have one that they'd be willing to bring with them to SELEM?
Adam
Emory Gods light shows DLP projector 3000 lumens
:o
Quote:
Originally Posted by
buffo
Hey guys;
Does anyone have either an LCD or a DLP projector that they could bring to SELEM? It would need to be someone who is planning on staying for Casey Stack's Laser Safety Seminar on Monday...
Reason I ask is that the guy I had lined up to bring one may not be able to attend now. :( And I'd like to have one available at SELEM, but I'll *need* one on Monday for Casey's presentation. (He's got slides on his laptop that he'll need to display for the group.)
I'm thinking that with the recent run on those Casio "slim green" projectors, someone ought to have one of those laying around that they can bring, right? *retardo
Also, it's not required, but it would be nice if someone could bring a wireless microphone. I've got a wired mic that we can use if we have to, but a wireless one would be much nicer. So, anyone have one that they'd be willing to bring with them to SELEM?
Adam
I have one that I can bring for the seminar, thats if nobody else has committed to bring one