Originally Posted by
Bradfo69
Gary, I don't want to get caught in this fray but, I will chime in briefly, both in defense of Jon as well as Steve. Actually, the people he mentioned are a mixed bag. Some are in other countries that don't require a variance (Rob and Andy come to mind) and the ones he mentioned in the US I'm certain have something in their background that would fit the spirit of Steve's proposal. In addition, Steve's original post addressed the fact that a provision would be made for those who aren't in countries that require a variance or it's equivalent but, have attained a certain level of professionalism. He even addresses lab/holo guys as well. So, perhaps some attention needs to be redirected on your part too.
I think the intent here is some small symbol that demonstrates that you have attained some level of professionalism and sets you apart from the novice, weekend dj, casual reader or basement experimenter. You have developed and sell a piece of laser software that some regard highly. Heck, I own a couple of copies. That to me, is an accomplishment which also elevates you to a level of professionalism over the novice, weekend dj,.... More so that what I have done thus far to "qualify", which is write a check to ILDA. I have no familiarity with anything else in your laser background. I'm still learning. I have a long way to go. I've filed for a variance. I WILL do safe, professional shows. The more of them under my belt, the more I might just want a little something under my avatar. Oh wait.... first, I think, I need an avatar to begin with! (Jon..? Where's that logo!?! I think I found another use!:))