Here's my new setup for controlling LivePRO... Pretty much every function can be controlled without touching the laptop...
Attachment 30917
Got the Lasershow Performer desk from Aage on the forum, it's like brand new...
Mark
Printable View
Here's my new setup for controlling LivePRO... Pretty much every function can be controlled without touching the laptop...
Attachment 30917
Got the Lasershow Performer desk from Aage on the forum, it's like brand new...
Mark
Nice set up Mark.
Well jell........... :)
looks crackalackin
Sweet ;)
What a lovely bunch of very tweakable nipples :)
What is this button for?....and this one?....and this?....what happens when...?
I LOVE NIPPLES
;)
do i have to be the one that points out all the laser burns on the camera sensor?
;)
i counted 17, can we make this a quiz? :) :) :)
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/9928/p1020102kk.jpg
so, is this setup better than a touch screen?
what happened to your old gear by the way?
and having the pango hardware, why do you need the midi controller, too?
sorry for the silly questions, lot's of stuff i don't get in terms of live performance
Ha ha yes, every laserist should have a camera with a CCD like a teabag. It's certainly seen some battle in its time...
I guess that's down to personal preference. I prefer it because buttons give a more definite feel than a touchscreen, also the performer buttons light up so you can see which cues are active. I tend to design my workspaces with separate frames, effects, key effects and colour cycles and then control them independently, so this board shows me exactly which ones are running... My touchscreen didn't lay flat like this does and I usually stand when I'm doing a show, so this feels more natural to use...
I have some shows this year with lasers in two arena's, so the old gear will be used to control arena two at these gigs...
The MIDI controller adds extra functions that the performer doesn't have... I have four faders configured to fade each track in and out (I assign different projectors and zones to different tracks). Then I have faders configured to control effect, key effect and colour cycle speeds independently, knobs control transition time, Beam and TTL chasers... So really adding the MIDI means I very rarely touch the laptop...
Most of my gigs have pretty fast music like breakbeat, drum & bass and so on, so this setup allows me to make very fast changes to the show in time with the music... When dubstep happens I get chance to rest and slow things down... Only downside at that point is that I'm forced to listen to dubstep :D
Mark
Couldn't resist sharing a couple of pics...
Attachment 31051
Attachment 31052
Attachment 31053
Attachment 31054
Beautiful Mark.
Some new holes in the camera no doubt (but well worth it!)
nice... but i have one question, what do u mean about akai apc40 and livePRO? to replace pangolin and korg?
i just bought one and from pangolin i got livePRO licence for wining some contest, so what about that controller do u maybe know?
thx!
p.s. i like your setup ;)
Not sure what you are asking, as there is no mention of the Akai APC40 in this thread... I am using a Pangolin Performer and a Korg Nanokontrol to operate LivePRO... As far as I am aware, you need to add extra non-standard software to run LivePRO with an APC40, because LivePRO needs to see MIDI Note signals to launch its cues, I believe the APC40 does not output these signals natively... I'm pretty sure it works OK with BEYOND and Quickshow without any mods, but I am no expert as I have never used the APC40...
Mark