https://www.nichia.co.jp/specificati.../NDS4216-E.pdf
i believe these are four figures to buy
How much is such a nice lightblue Diode?
I want it! Lot lot lot!
When I checked a long time ago they were about $3000 each.
Chad
I don't see the attraction of the extraordinarily expensive unusual frequency diodes. I know, I know, a single mode 555nm yellow is a better alternative than a mixed 532 SM and a 638 SM for a yellow appearing beam. But for a similar divergence and spot size and with the ability to blend and even to vary the color to suite the application, probably more power and for maybe 10-20% the cost, this is difficult to understand.
posting to track.. :cool:
j
Ditto !! Absolutely the greatest turquoise/ cyan argon line. Impossible to reproduce by mixing 532 and 473 or 445. Has anyone actually gotten a quote for one of these? Sorry for resurrecting this semi-old thread but last time I checked the 488 diode output was around 50 mw .. now it's 200 .. zowz . I'd really like to get my hands on one of these. Group buy anyone ? :p lol
That's the 60mW one. Thorlabs charges exorbitant prices on all their diodes. They want $380.00 for a single Mitsu G71 diode lol . I'm sure that the 200mW 488nm one could be found somewhere else possibly for cheaper .. maybe ..
Actually, CVD diamond is not very expensive and there some really neat things you can do with diamonds and lasers. I think the most telling is that the G71s from DTR look new and cost approx $50. I doubt Throrlabs has fewer sources that Jordan.Quote:
EEEK!!!! Is the lasing medium made from diamonds??
Well, OPSL based 488nm modules have by far a more interesting power/price ratio >:)
Anyone want to try to build a 488 OPSL yourself ? .. here's 1. Someone's already figured it all out in advance too :]
Attachment 38529
(Courtesy of Sam's FAQ)
good point. how is opsl according to this any different than dpss. Still has a pump diode, still has a non linear optic, don't see temp compensation though maybe that is it? IE no temp knee from power heating effects? I would not want to align one of those. It looks like a mess.
Yeh TEC or heater under the whole thing is says (I think, it's a little unclear) . There are also 3 control boards not in the pic. The read in Sam's is here (not a long article, just a few paragraphs) explains it all , sorta ..
http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/laserdio.htm#dioopsl
If this is a 488-20, that's 20mw .. Think I'll wait for the 200mw dir-inj diode ..