Where is it? I am glad all the photons are not ruining a cmos or ccd but come on guys and gals!
Printable View
Where is it? I am glad all the photons are not ruining a cmos or ccd but come on guys and gals!
You got me all excited with that topic title! <Goes back to reading stuff>
I think you're all going to need to satisfy your *fix* with soon to be uploaded Youtube memories. I don't think setting up the live feed ever managed to get on the radar. Far too many other things to deal with so, I sort of think it was overlooked. If SELEM was another day or two longer, it might have happened but, livers and buffo's sanity might be under too much diress if that were to happen. Although...... (thinks to himself) CarribLEM was a week. >:)
There was live streams for socalem and nwlem. Why not the big lem?
There was a live feed being set up last night/this morning in the club. Not sure if there were tech difficulties or what. Saw Mario fiddling for a while...
Well it's over now so I wouldn't expect much.
Although lots of media was recorded.
Looking forward to the youtube vids then :)
I have three videos including Dr. Sam and Steve getting a second line out of a Krypton. I also have a 10min of rambling while Dr. Sam plays with the external cavity of the Krypton (gets about 2ft long).
Actually, this find gentleman above makes a cameo in the krypton videos. Mostly in discussion about the availability of 671 DPSS and 9mm 500mW diodes.
If you think Steve jumped, you should have seen me... I nearly shat myself! We hammered away at that relay for a good hour, but all we could get was a bright flash and then nothing.
Someone (maybe Mariomaster?) has a picture that was snapped at the perfect moment when the tube flashed. Everyone in the room is bathed in an eerie blue glow as over 15 watts of multiline argon reflects off the white cinderblock walls. I'd love to get a copy of that pic...
Sadly, we weren't able to get either one of the HGM-20's running. The one that only flashed had a problem with the passbank, and we never did figure out what was wrong with the other one. (Ignitor was firing, but no joy...)
As far as the video stream, it was attempted several times, but the wireless access inside the cafeteria was too spotty to get a consistent signal. We probably could have had one going in the main auditorium, but to the best of my knowledge, no one tried. We had a *LOT* of things going on, and even though we had 3 full days it still felt rushed.
Maybe Brad is right... It might be time to start thinking about extending the event by one day. So, load-in on Wednesday and start SELEM on Thursday...
Thoughts?
Adam
Mariomaster has it, that was a damn good pic. Really stunning how bright it was.
Now THERE is an understatement.
:) Best idea I've had all week. *vigilQuote:
Maybe Brad is right... It might be time to start thinking about extending the event by one day. So, load-in on Wednesday and start SELEM on Thursday...
I even mentioned to polishedball all the things I seem to have missed. I totally don't know where Friday afternoon/evening went. Seems like we left to find a fuse and get rolls around 2 pm and the next thing it was 11pm in Club SELEM. Did the color correction board seminar even happen? How about the lumia talk?
I also think there needs to be some assigned "tinker time" where other things aren't necessarily happening that everyone can be present for if they so choose. I noticed that Saturday night, suddenly perhaps the fact that SELEM was rapidly flying by we were all trying to fix things or diagnose things under pressure. Most of us missed Swami's shows and I feel like I taxed too much of Davids time. At the same, time there was futzing with the HGM-20's in a hurry. I felt bad for buffo in particular since he dragged all this heavy stuff there with the hopes of getting it figured out and working and with having to worry about so many other aspects of SELEM, left with the same non-functioning heavy stuff. If there was some less pressured time for that, maybe more could have been done. Fixing ground issues, electronics questions, scanner stuff, etc. Maybe an extra day would afford a block of time for that. Say... Friday from noon to 4 or something is a group "repair workshop".
^Sorry for the grammatical mistakes. Long day and I'm not "coherent".
I'd like to see some time put aside for a build/project for those wanting to further their skills. I believe buffo had mentioned this awhile back. Pay X amount (if supplies or a kit are needed), bring whatever tools you need, etc.
Greg
hey what happened to posting some pictures?
Read the main SELEM thread. Filled with them.
Friday was a blur for me too. We didn't get the sound system working in "Club-SELEM" until around 5 PM, and during that time I was running around like crazy. But yes, we did still manage to hold the color correction board seminar more-or-less on time. I think someone (maybe David Kumpula?) has that one on video...
I don't think that one actually happened. I think there was a small group of people who gathered now and then to discuss lumia with Greg and Jonathan, but I'm pretty sure it was more of an ad-hoc arrangement. Also, the DMX primer never happened, although a few people were able to work with Chase (venue staff) to iron out some problems they were having with some of the venue's DMX gear, so that was cool at least.Quote:
How about the lumia talk?
This has been the problem since the very first SELEM. As we add more things to do (buy and sell, special presentations upstairs in the classrooms, repairs in the ion room, shows in the auditorium, "Club-SELEM", etc...) we end up separating everyone into smaller and smaller groups, with less time for setup, testing, and repairs - not to mention just time for socializing. I know that there were shows running in the auditorium that I would have liked to see while I was at the Pangolin presentation. Likewise, I would have loved to attend the LSX demo, but I was busy fixing things in Club-SELEM. It could be that we're trying to pack too much into the event...
More time might help ease the schedule conflicts though. I'm open to adding another day to the event, but I'd really like to get some more feedback from other members. Maybe as a start we need to think about extending the load-in and setup time a bit, since it's pretty clear that we can't get it done in 5 hours anymore...
Yup. Like I said - Friday was a blur, and suddenly it was late Saturday night and it seemed like lots of things still needed to be fixed. Ugh...Quote:
I noticed that Saturday night, suddenly perhaps the fact that SELEM was rapidly flying by we were all trying to fix things or diagnose things under pressure.
Yeah, I was pretty bummed about that. I'm sure I'll get them running at some point, but I had really hoped to see them lase at SELEM. The problem is that without Matt, Steve was all alone in there, and like me he was being pulled in several directions at once. (Also, he was not able to arrive any earlier than late Friday, so that hurt us a lot.)Quote:
At the same, time there was futzing with the HGM-20's in a hurry. I felt bad for buffo in particular since he dragged all this heavy stuff there with the hopes of getting it figured out and working and with having to worry about so many other aspects of SELEM, left with the same non-functioning heavy stuff.
Adam
Hey Folks!
For those of you that missed it or want to see it again, here is Swamidog's presentation at SELEM:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYUa0...ature=youtu.be
And at the risk of double-posting, here is the LSX show highlights from the following day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6H6-ufL4V8
If you have trouble seeing that video, you can get a lower-res version here: https://vimeo.com/72896126
More session videos to follow!
-David
Thanks for recording this, I completely missed the LSX presentation while working on several Reliants in the ion room.
Does anybody have the Metallica show "Fuel" recorded? My phone was dead, and my dad would love that.
Hey David, thanks for recording and posting this and thanks to Swamidog for a very informative talk.
I think I'm addicted to LSX and I haven't even got it ..... yet!
My pics and vids soon.
made many stops and got home afew days ago.
If you had been there---
one thing- you would better understand about the live feed- the lack of 'fine tuning time' and never used things like the mirror balls they would have needed stands - nothing up there to use.,the set up is not an easy one- many cant come until after most is done- and some must leave before both venues are cleared out and cleaned up like it was given to us.
I could have done a lot more in the area where i was- rushing to get on the road- and too many items hauled from Texas-
The extra day would help for sure maybe a day at each end there are several that are free before or after the weekend.
but IMO another way that would also help to have more attendees.
and thus more help- The two venues are big enough to easlly handle way more than 100 people-
new people means more attendees fees collected- more help with set up lack of time can be negated with enough willing hands. and maybe the best thing would /could happen is another experiencing the aha moment that they see why handhelds are not even a close second to what we get from other ways to manipulate those pretty colors.
I know-- thats what SELEM 2010 did to me.
head first I went- hosted and funded a pop up mini TEXLEM in nov. so~ 3 months after SELEM
went very well all had a great time. sad ending - 300 evil's father (Mike IIRC?) took a ton of stills and vids in his very new/nice SLR digital- at 4 AM we shut down and a very weary adam- Platinum (jonathon) and adam' s dad made there way back to their hotel about an hour from freeport; the camers was forgotten and left in the car and you know how this ends.
so sad that camera got stolen- ad not because of lot pics but the loss of his camera.
so except for some cell phone pics and vids my LEM was not recorded.
I owe all its success to adam and jonathon-
my friends were blown away by the show-
more later-
************* update
To those who paid and could not make it-- you were missed-
To those that could have come and did not try-- well whatever.
Pm me for any items outstanding from SELEM- lumia kits are now in and one prize or two not asked for.
see me about any other laser item-by PM.
Best SELEM EVER!!
so far-
my new BFFS Rick and his lady Tiffiany were so very very kind-
more than making up for some past trips there and back that i would like to forget.
thanks to to sugeek was great to see him again and l also meet the Ms and their two year old son-
we have started now to plan on a big group next year from Texas between the two forums there are more than 60 that are active members.
Sure missed Tim - maybe a TEXLEM willl happen when he can come.
missed mike dunn too. but sadest was our loss of LED paint. only knew him for the past month or two of his life. We talked on the phone about his move here- about SELEM and a TEXLEM.
I am sure he would have been SELEM this year.
RIP
v/r hak
sorry for the rambling feel free to ignore me--lol
Hi folks!
Attached is the DZ Color Board Tutorial as presented by Buffo and the inventor himself (the hand without a face in this video).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KrJT-vBmQs
Many thanks to the guys for presenting this information!
Also note that at the end of this talk, DZ mentioned that he had the test frames in ILDA and LDS format. Those files are attached below.
Attachment 39704
Attachment 39705
-David
Thanks for putting together the video, David! I must give credit where it's due though. The board is designed around a Sellen Key filter that Bill Benner published some time ago. I added a few other features, such as the differential front end, protection and offset/gain. I then sent the circuit to Bill for his expert advise. I implemented all the changes he recommended and began laying out the circuit in pad2pad. And that's how the board was born, which is currently available from Stanwax.
I still have no idea when this was or how I missed it but, thank you VERY much as this was one of the big things I was looking forward to at SELEM. I have a few of these boards - some installed, some not and I'd really like to learn make full use of them. Perhaps a redo at SELEM 8. :)