Anyone know what detectors (LM, PM?) are compatible with a Coherent Fieldmaster FM.
Coherent's literature appears to say they use smart head detectors.
Any help is appreciated
Ade
Printable View
Anyone know what detectors (LM, PM?) are compatible with a Coherent Fieldmaster FM.
Coherent's literature appears to say they use smart head detectors.
Any help is appreciated
Ade
I'm not 100% sure about this, but it was my understanding the FieldMaster only works out of the box with the FM heads.
There was an adapter available that lets you use LM series heads available at some point, me thinks.
If you ever want to test the meter on some LM heads; I've got several here if you're ever passing.
Edit: LM sensors will work fine without the adapter (the adapter was for the FieldMate).
Offer still stands if you want to test some LM sensors just to make sure. :)
I am fairly sure the fieldmaster works with LM series thermopiles (the position sensing type) , or the LM-2 silicon/germanium detectors (non position sensing), and maybe LM pulse heads (LM-Px ones). Also watch out, about half of coherent's meters have the DC jack wired backwards (center negative) and none of them have reverse polarity detection.
If you need a sensor, I can look around I think I have a spare LM-30 head that I am looking to sell
Each of the heads has a EEPROM on it with calibration so the meter knows how to read the data. There are adaptors for BNC input type heads. I have one of those in my box of stuff but only have the PM-1K (Power Max) to use with a Fieldmax Top the connections to the meter are a DB-25. I wish I had a PM-10 or PM-3 sometimes as the PM-1K is a bit bulky.
http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...9&d=1253648648
-Adam
Thanks for all the advice guys :)
Plebs question.
The LPM arrived :)
Just one thing, PSU states 120vac input (U.S plug). Can this be used with an adapter?
EDIT:
Just answered my own question with a bang from the PSU (plugged into an RCD). Damn
Adrian,
Such a chop...
Go sit in the naughty corner. :(
Absolutely, Lol,
Luckily it was just the power supply. The meter wasn't plugged in, and it runs off two 9v batteries so at least it runs
Ooops!
I managed to find a compact 240-110 transformer (1kVA) on ebay for less than £50. Saying that, you may as well get a 240v PSU now ;)
Keith
ATTENTION!
If replacing the AC/DC adapter, pay super-mega-whopper special attention to the pin polarity.
Coherent meters have a habit of being centre -ve. I don't know if the FM is also in this (common) Coherent cohort.
Beware! >:)
Edit: Whoops, I've just seen Krazer had already mentioned this; I'll be quiet now.
I'm not entirely sure how i find out. I'll take a look at the fried PSU tonight. I'm pretty sure these things usually have the polarity marker on the back.
It would be nice, but if i can't find a replacement it's ok. All the supply does, apart from save batteries is power the backlight. I'll give Coherent UK a ring this afternoon to find out how many millions it is for a new one :)
Just take a look where the battery +ive track goes in relation to the input jack. Any excuse to open stuff up :)
Beware and get the expensive Coherent power supply. I nearly got fired over killing a meter by using an incorrect supply long term. I killed the rechargable pack and it took a sensor head with it,. Supply had correct rating and polarity. It's ratings matched the marking on the dead Coherent supply, which had a hidden current limiting function. Killing the meter was not the issue, loosing a service call because of a dead meter was the issue.