My Quikshow TraceIt no start, 7,25 firmware problem.
You can see the picture:
Printable View
My Quikshow TraceIt no start, 7,25 firmware problem.
You can see the picture:
Have you confirmed the firmware version on your FB3?
Also, have you sent this to Pangolin tech support?
(Using the "Contact..." link in the menus on their main web page - that is generally much quicker than using the forum)
You may just need an updated version of TraceIt, but that is definitely something to discuss directly with Pangolin tech support.
Stop running QS.
The FB3 won't connect to QS and TraceIT at same time....
I can see the QS icon on your system tray.
Please note:
-TraceIT doesn't supports the output from FB3 so you have to save your work and import to QS' cue grid.
As Stuka said:
Update your TraceIT (for FB3) The current version is 777.
http://www.pangolin.com/UpdateFiles.htm
I hadn't any problem with TraceIT to running it.
I wrote Pangolin support, but no answer even.
If I no connect to the FB3 the Traceit won't start.
If I connect to the FB3, then Trace It firmware problem.
My FB3 firmware is: 7.25
DVD TraceIT version is: 4.20.725.773
Ok, I will updade to version 777. thank you.
Connect the FB3 to your computer then.TraceIT needs a Pangolin hardware to start.Quote:
If I no connect to the FB3 the Traceit won't start.
You don't need to update the firmware.Update to the latest version build 777.Quote:
If I connect to the FB3, then Trace It firmware problem.
Your problem will be gone.
I do update my traceit latest version, but no start and the pangolin support is no give me answers.
I'm little bit disappointed now.
What do you mean by 'no start'?
Have you got an FB3 plugged in?
As with any technical support, be it with a company, or a forum, the better the quality of information you can provide, the better quality answers you will receive.
Often, if you post 'it doesn't work' with no more details, people can simply not be bothered spending the time to try and extract the full details from you.
Also, since you last posted that you would get v777, less than 12 hours have passed, some of them in the middle of the night. Give them a realistic chance to respond.
Norty,
I ask the help the support at 10-04-2014.
No more information than what has been I described.
If I no connect to the FB3 the Traceit no start. I click the Traceit "exe" file and nothing happend.
If I connect to the FB3, then Trace It give me firmware problem. (include picture).
But Unfortunately, I'm not alone with this problem.
Ok, so with the FB3 plugged in, and using the latest version of Traceit, what heppens? Firmware error message still, or 'nothing'? Your posts are not very clear whether you're referring to the first attempts you had, or after downloading the update.
BTW, as has already been mentioned, it must have the FB3 connected to work, so it is no surprise that nothing happens when...
Quote:
If I no connect to the FB3 the Traceit no start. I click the Traceit "exe" file and nothing happend.
Ok, are you using the latest build of QS from the website? If not, download and install and update the firmware as appropriate
I am happy to hear that you are up and running. I think there might be more to the story -- more details that were not communicated in the thread above.
Normally "deleting software" doesn't do any good (for any software), but often times this is what people do in desperation. I think the problem was the particular version of QS that you were running was an older version than TraceIT. Definitely 777 is needed for the latest version of TraceIT to work, and definitely this would be automatically installed by the latest version of QuickShow.
In any event, I'd like to hear exactly *how* you tried to contact Pangolin, because we want all customers to receive a great level of support. Was it a simple email? Was it through the contact form? Was it by telephone? We have two full-time professional support people who do largely nothing but support. So if one of those guys is somehow slipping I'd like to know.
But if, on the other hand, you sent a single email to some generic email address, then the greatest likelihood is that we never received such an email, and that's why you never received support. However, even if this is the case, I'd like to know what that email address was, so we can activate it, or beef up the support action of that email address.
So please contact me privately with the information (because as it should be know, we do not routinely monitor PL) and once I learn about how it was that support failed you, we will work to improve the situation.
Best regards,
William Benner
Thank you for the reply.
Yes, the traceIt running the 777 version now.
QS re-installed.
FB3 driver re-installed.
Download the latest version 777.
Connected the FB3.
Projector power on.
And TraceIt work!
Intresting, If I no power on the projectror (only connected the FB3 but power off the projector) the Traceit no start.