Removed. No longer supported.
Printable View
Removed. No longer supported.
Why dont you upload it to the FTP server?
Well, I can post ftp details again.
*********************
Server IP: 89.162.4.17
Port: 21
Login: ilda
Password: swap
*********************
Has been lot of downloading from the server, but few uploads.
It would be very nice to have lot of frames and shows uploaded there to
share to PL members.
Please upload NON copyrighted materials!
So has anyone tried my ilda viewer? Just curious.
yes, I tried it... :)
It seems it has problems with RGB files...
If I try to open an RGB ILDA file, the app crashes... :(
Thomas
Could you send me one of the files that crashes? harperg at sbcglobal dot net
Thanks.
New version added to fix 2D bug. See message at top of thread.
Hi. Sorry for the updates but I fixed another bug and customized for PhotonLexicon. :) I hope this comes in handy for someone.
Maby add the PL logo?? hehe
tumbnails?
Yea, I could add the PhotonLexicon logo. As far as thumbnails go, what exactly are you looking for? Maybe I can do that.
ex. in a folder containing alot of files.
the viewer automatic make small tumbnails at the bottom or right/left side. So we can brownse and click on requested ild file ;)
That would be cool. I'll add it to the To-do list. What do you suggest for when the ILDA is something a 4MB animated file, though? Just preview the first couple seconds or so? Show the whole thing? I wonder how that would load the CPU. Will be fun to see.
Yeah, good idea! ;) Previewing cuple of sec ;)
Only time will show if it load the cpu! But I think you figure it out ;)
Carmangary;
I checked it out and it looks good! It seemed a little slow when animating frames though; is there a delay built in to the routine? And if so, could you make it adjustable?
Either way, good job!
Adam
PS: If you want to try this program and don't have .net V2.0 installed, here is the link to the Microsoft download page for the file you need. (22.4 megs!)
Yea, the frame rate is running off of a timer. I could make it adjustable or simulate a specified points per second. I'll add that as another item on the To-Do list. Thanks for the feedback.
Updated to 1.0.0.1.
any updates dude?
;)
Yes and no. I have experimented with displaying animated thumbnails and everything looks good. CPU usage doesn't seem to be a problem. But, I still need to hook it all up in the GUI with a directory browser, etc...
This is only a subset of the laser show software that I am writing so it doesn't get my full free time attention but progress is definitely being made.
I appreciate the interest, though! It gives me motivation to spend more time on it.
Here's a little teaser of how things are going:
HO HO HO!!!
NICE work dude ;)
That looks great ....
its so good, i think EVERYONE will want one ( laser show peeps that is )
the amount of times ive just want to scan through my frames
keep up the good work
all the best ... Karl
Added version 1.0.1.0. See first message in thread to download it.
Added thumbnails of all ILDs in the selected directory.
There are a lot of things I don't like about this version. It is klunky and has performance problems. I figured I would release it is since I don't know when I'll have time to fix all the issues. Hopefully soon, though.
I attempted to animate all the thumbnails but they make everything slow. I'll have to revisit that.
Updated to version 1.0.2.0.
Improved performance.
Added animation and info when hovering mouse over thumbnails.
More to come.
here are some tools to help with the 3d conversion of your program if you can run dos .exes I'll send you the c code tomarrow and bring in some 3D frames. I only have email at work for sanity reasons. These are tools I asked a friend to write so I could create frames from mathcad, labview etc. for display at the day job (I work for a university) Since they are a little out of date running dos, maybe you could port them to .net for all of us?
LMR hosts them
enjoy, Steve Roberts
http://www.laserfx.com/Backstage.Las...loadIndex.html
Two DOS utilities [as .zip files] for those working on ILDA frame format import/export contributed by O. Steven Roberts. He writes, "These utilities are for for hobbyists and others who are developing tools for ILDA frame format file support [to import/export .ild files] and who need a sanity check as Pangolin and X29 are merciless when it comes to errors in a .ild file. Programming is by Mike Svob".
ILDAWRITE.EXE [ILDAwrite.zip - 32 Kb] Takes a .txt file containing human readable numbers and converts it to an ILDA format frame. The input file format is the number of points(N) ,then the 3 axis data for the frame as a signed integer N,x,y,z,x,y,z,x,y,z... where x,y, and Z are +10,000 to -10,000, for a 2D frame, make all Zs equal to zero.
It will prompt you for the file name to create and then create the file and exit back to the dos prompt. All points are set to full white and blanking is NOT supported. A sample input file, ildawrt.txt is provided. Note that there is a carriage return and line feed between each number. ILDAWRITE.exe is fully compatible with files written by Qbasic, Quickbasic, Visualbasic and Notepad, making it easy to create raw files for conversion. I've also used this to create liquid sky framesets using numbers generated by a basic program. The programs do not
support crossing directories, so the files must all be in the same directory.
ILDAREAD.EXE [ReadILD.zip - 36 KB] This utility strips a one frame ilda file to a text based n,x,y,z format, where N is the number of points in the frame and x,y,z are signed integer point data, so the output is N,X,Y,Z,X,Y,Z..... The actual data will appear as a vertical list with one coordinate data per line. Color data and blanking data are NOT provided. Cross directory support is not provided, both the input and output files MUST be in the same directory. if ildaread.exe spots a error in a ILDA file header, it will tell you what the error is.
If you send me the C source I can port it to .NET and make them into class libraries, executables, or add the functionality to the viewer... any/all should be trivial. Just let me know what you'd be interested in seeing.
Welcome to PL Steve, Glad your here :)
Holy cow!
6 posts, and I didn't even recognise that "mixedgas" was actually Steve Roberts of alt.lasers fame... :o
Welcome to the party, Steve! (Sorry for the belated greeting there, buddy!)
Adam
ILDA viewer will not work in vista :(
Could it be possible to have an "open with" functionality ?
So double-clicking an ilda-file would open it automaticly in this viewer?
That would be SO user friendly.
It should work in Vista. In fact, it was developed, compiled, and tested on Vista. What error are you receiving?
"Could it be possible to have an "open with" functionality ?
So double-clicking an ilda-file would open it automaticly in this viewer?"
Yes. I can do that.
It could be that I got to many ild files in the folder!
I got one folde that contains 4 3D ilda files...
It displayed them ok! :)
I will try to put them into some folders to test
Ok! I figured out the problem, to many .ild files, software hangs.
BTW, in the preview window...maby add a function to brownse up and down and sideways with arrows?
Another nice function, is an "move to" option for a .ild file
Just to move the the ilda file to a folder, to sort all files etc.
Anyway...Cool soft dude! ;D ;D
Nice programming
That is interesting that it hangs up with a lot of files. How many files do you have in the directory? If you wait awhile, does it ever recover? Or do you get an error? If you could check the Windows Task Manager and give me any clues that might help (CPU and memory usage, etc).
Your suggestions are good ones. To add a folder browser like I want will take some effort, though. So, I am not sure that it will happen too soon.
Around 60 files, and I get an error.
Cant recover and software exits.
No CPU and memory is 15MB
Well, just take your time! ;D This is a really nice soft >:) >:)
60 files is not many. I have opened up a lot more than that. Are you sure it is is too many files or could it be that one of your files is in a format that it can't handle? If you could try moving files out of the folder until it can open them all without crashing and then trying to isolate the file or files that make it crash that would be very helpful.
Thanks for your patience.
I made a change so that it handles files that don't end with a 0 point frame. Please, let me know if you find any files that it won't display.
Also, has anyone mentioned the bug mentioned above where it hangs? I still haven't seen that problem.
Player: http://www.Ilda.de/Player.rar
lg Gento
Make English language gento?
BTW, nice software ;)
Yes, I like some things about it better than mine. I am curious about being able to display LDB files, though. I thought that was a secret format.
I think the newer LDS file is the one that is secure. My Alphalite will read LDB files...
Adam
Does anyone know where the LDB format is described?
LDB is a proprietary, undocumented format, that took on several flavors over the years. People whose software can load LDB (or appear to load) invariably won't be able to load all flavors, because we never distributed documentation about that format.
Moreover, people are STRONGLY encouraged NOT to load LDB. Some of the reasons are as follows:
1. LDB is proprietary, undocumented, and took on multiple flavors over the years, so software that will load one flavor will invariably not be able to load other flavors. Therefore you do your users a disservice by stating that you load LDB because one day, users will come across a flavor that won't load...
2. LDB was only used on our QM32 system. This system could export to the ILDA format. Therefore any legitimate, licensed Pangolin user can export frames to the ILDA format. If there are legitimate, licensed users of Pangolin's QM32 system, they are the only people licensed and legitimate enough and licensed to use LDB. If they want to give frames that THEY created (not the ones we supply, under license, to end users, but ones that they really created themselves), then they could export frames to ILDA.
3. Any file viewer or other program is best suited to load ILDA. If they can load ILDA, then they can access the frames in LDB format, because legitimate, licensed Pangolin users can export LDB to ILDA.
4. If someone does not have Pangolin software, the greatest likelihood is that they have no legitimate reason to read LDB frames. LDB frames were distributed only on our older QM32 software. There are a lot of frames that Pangolin distributed with that system which are covered under license. Although a software program may be able to read the LDB format, it doesn't mean that they are licensed to do so.
With all Pangolin systems, we include a license agreement. That license agreement states that (among other things) Pangolin has provided numerous frame and show files (in the LD2000 system, over 100 shows and over 300,000 frames). We refer to the content that we provide as "Pangolin-Provided Show Elements", or PPSEs for short. Over the years, Pangolin has spent probably over $250,000 acquiring the rights to distribute that content. And even if you put a very modest price of $1 per frame (such a low price I have never seen offered in the industry), you can see that Pangolin provides more value in show material, than the value of the hardware and software itself.
Within the past few years, Pangolin, and other companies including Laser Animation Sollinger, Strictly FX, Laser Entertainment S.R.L (milan italy), HW Lasertechnik, Tarm, and others have taken legal action against companies who infringed the terms of our license agreement, or unlawfully distributed (or even used) show material for which they were not authorized to use. And as a result of the firestorm of legal activities, ILDA itself has taken up an official policy on Intellectual Property. You can read it here:
http://www.laserist.org/intellectual-property.htm
In any event, it should be obvious that ILDA is the best format to use for "data interchange" purposes. After all, that's what it was made for, and that's why it is called the ILDA Data Interchange File Format.
I hope that everyone will cooperate in keeping intellectual property infringement to a minimum, and part of this cooperation comes from only using public, documented formats such as ILDA.
Best regards,
William Benner
Cool with me. I didn't really feel like adding another parser to my stuff anyway. :)
Removed. No longer supported.
Whyyyyyyyyyy?????!!!
:)
Bigger and better things are coming.
A new version of the Laserfileplayer.
Download : www.Ilda.de
Grüße Gento
Great little program.
I'm still look for a tool such as yours that can open ilda files by default, so double-clicking an ilda-file should open the player displaying that animation.
Just like .txt files are opened in notepad.
Maybe a future-feature ?
Hey Bart,
Cant you assign this in windows. You select the file type and tell windows what application to open. I think you open explorer then goto the 'tools' menu option and select 'folder options' then select the 'file types' tab. You can then add an .ild file type and app.
The other way I think you could do it tis to right click a .ild file and select 'open with' choose the appliction you which to use. Check the checkbox for always use this application , click ok.
Should work, I might be wrong though (I often am :rolleyes:).
Cheers
Rich