LSO class at SELEM 2018? post here
So far the following people have expressed an interest in taking the ILDA LSO class on the Monday following SELEM. (So that would be August 13th.)
LuLighttech
DJeric68
HankLloydright
532withenvy
If you 4 are certain that you can attend the class, I have 2 other folks who are not on the forum who are willing to take the class as well. So that would give us 6 people, which means we are GO! I need you guys to confirm that you can do this before I contact Greg though...
Adam
Date change for lso course
Hey everyone!
I've been in touch with Greg Makhov and Patrick Murphy regarding the LSO course. Greg is unable to teach the class this year due to a prior commitment. However, Patrick Murphy is available and willing to teach the class, but there is a scheduling problem...
Patrick is going to be attending the SAE G10 meeting in San Diego, CA this year, and it kicks off on Monday, August 13th, which is when we had hoped to hold the LSO course. (D'oh!)
So here's an option: Patrick can teach the class the Monday *before* SELEM starts. So that would be Monday, August 6th.
Does that work for everyone? Please reply below; as soon as I have enough people confirmed for the new date I will let Patrick know so he can make travel arrangements and also start accepting people's registrations for the class.
I know this is going to be difficult for people who have already made their own plans, but it's the only way we can make this work. (Unless folks want to try to schedule the LSO course *during* SELEM, which means they will miss an entire day of the event.?.)
Adam
LSO class is *ON* for SELEM 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bradfo69
Suggestion for next year... At the ILDA conference, Greg also offers the Audience Scanning Class for $295.
That's a good idea! No way we could do it this year though because Greg can't make it to SELEM, but we can let him know that we'd like to do it next year... For that price I'd take the class just for the knowledge. (I have no plans to do audience scanning!)
With regard to this year's LSO class, I'm still waiting for instructions from Patrick Muphy on how people should register and pay for the course. But we *are* going to do the class this year. It will be held on Wednesday and Thursday, August 8th and 9th, from 9 am to 1 PM each day, in one of the upstairs classrooms above the gallery area at the Auditorium. As soon as I hear back from Patrick I'll post the instructions here.
Adam