Hi guys;
Bill Benner offered to bring Pangolin T-shirts for everyone at SELEM 2007, but he's like to know in advance how many of each size to bring. So if you'd like a T-shirt, reply below with your size.
For the record, I'm an Extra-Large...:o
Adam
Printable View
Hi guys;
Bill Benner offered to bring Pangolin T-shirts for everyone at SELEM 2007, but he's like to know in advance how many of each size to bring. So if you'd like a T-shirt, reply below with your size.
For the record, I'm an Extra-Large...:o
Adam
XL for me. You know I thought about this on Sunday when I was stuck at an airport for 13 hours... What about an official SELEM t-shirt? Getting the shirts made would be easy, coming up with a cool SELEM logo would be the hardest part...
I thought about that too. A logo wouldn't be all that hard. I could probably whip something up. Getting the shirts made might prove expensive, however. I do some checking though and post back here.
Adam
I'd like a Pango T Shirt, as big as they come... Better make it two... My girlfriend got upset I didn't get her on eat FLEM. :o
Hey if someone comes up with a logo I can see if my cousin can make up some SELEM shirts. He has the equipment to make 20 or 30 in a day or so. I was thinking of this a few days ago. :D
VistaPrint, now does T-Shirts VERY inexpensivily! As a matter of fact, T-Shirt one is free...( shipping costs of course) Im willing to buy one.(XXL Please) :)
XL here too pleez. Thanks Bill:D
Of course i couldnt resist..
I think the SELEM would be a lot of fun to attend... but SELEM T-Shirts? I can just picture Ogre (from Revenge of the Nerds) yelling at you guys wearing those. :)
Just teasing, of couse.
The Pangolin shirt sounds cool, though.
Thats pretty good Steve-o, how about adding a PL logo to it? Maybe a link on the shirt?
I like it... How about adding the "South Eastern Laser Enthusiast's Meeting" text somewhere, and also adding www.photonlexicon.com on it somewhere. (Maybe we'll need to have a front and a back?) Either way though, the design looks very good for a first draft. I think you're on to something there Steve-o! You're clearly more creative than I would have been.
One other thing: Might want to mention that this is the First Annual SELEM... Those of us that will be there in 2007 will be "charter members", as it were. Eh - then again, that might make it too busy...
Carmangary;
I hope someone like Ogre does start chanting at us. I'd take it as a compliment! :D (and for the record, Revenge of the Nerds is one of my favorite movies...) ;)
Sure you won't change your mind and figure out some way to make it to this one?:p
Adam
Hi Guys,
Great topic, but can we please get back to the count :D ? It would be great to know how many of what size to bring.
Regarding the logo for SELEM 2007, I have an idea that will require very little work. All we need to do, is make the official logo be this emblem:
http://www.pangolin.com/images/LD2000/Model_2OOO.jpg
:D <it's a joke> :D
Actually... if we put a pair of sunglasses on her, she would look just like the girl in front of Artist's Cafe:
http://www.artistscafe100.com/index.html
Best regards,
William Benner
Ooh- Pretty girl. Is that a raster scan?
The count I believe is 7 or 8 of us. Adam may have the exact number.
Yeah my cheesy rough draft. I just like making logos, I don't know if they're any good or not until I get feedback. I'll try to come up with better- and PL + url if I can get to it. Still working on the projector y' know,
time's getting short- 2 weekends to get it up and going.. getting exciting now..:)
Hi Bill;
Here's the count so far:
Buffo .............. - XL (one)
DZ ................. - XL (one) + L (one)
Allthat ............ - XL (two)
Steve-o .......... - XL (one)
MechEng3 ........ - L (two)
Other members that are coming to SELEM but haven't replied to this thread yet:
Mixed Gas
Dreambeamz
Spec
Sway
We may have a few other last minute additions as well, not to mention a guest or two. I don't know the sizes for any these folks, but as a general rule, you almost can't go wrong with extra-large shirts. Maybe bring a couple large size shirts too, just in case.
Steve-o: I understand about time being short. My projector is still in pieces at the moment, and I've got family coming in for the weekend. (The guest room is also where I have most of my laser equipment... D'oh!)
Adam
Talk about good timing;)
Heh... timing? I got a speeding ticket on the bike yesterday morning... :mad: $80+$30(for the class)... AND I will probably have to work Thursday night, 10pm to 7am, then drive... :( I wish I trusted the airport/airlines enought to check my projector... :rolleyes:
Ah yes, the Fla driving school. I went twice. You get 3 total, right? That's the way they did it when I lived there in the 80s.
Now you can go twice per year. When I was a teen it was 5 times in your life total... :rolleyes: Last time I went was 2001... :D
LOL!!! Hey, any chance of me getting a second shirt? A large for my wife?Quote:
All we need to do, is make the official logo be this emblem:
http://www.pangolin.com/images/LD2000/Model_2OOO.jpg
Thanks!
PS-Did anyone come up with a final SELEM/PL logo? I have someone that might be able to make them and just needs a logo.
Hi Dave;
I'll check with Steve-o re: the SELEM logo and have him PM you.
Re: the Pangolin shirt for your wife; I feel certain that Bill won't have a problem with that. I'll add a large shirt to the master list at the top of this thread.
Adam
Sweet, thanks Adam!Quote:
Re: the Pangolin shirt for your wife; I feel certain that Bill won't have a problem with that. I'll add a large shirt to the master list at the top of this thread.
Revised design, cant attach to email or pm...:confused:
..i'm feeling stupid today:rolleyes:
I'd love a couple of the large size Pangolin shirts ! Seeing as I hopefully will be switching to that system......I can't wait !!!!! I now have the other projector going and will try to complete it to a RGY unit..... can't find that dichro. I know its here somewhere..... Buffo.....sorry I have missed your calls....busy as usual....I am off tonight so I will contact you.
Did anyone come up with a logo? :confused:
Aaron;
Yeah, Steve-o's doing it. DZ has a source to get them made. We're on it! ;)
Steve-o;
Hope you got it figured out buddy. If not, give me a ring on my cell phone. (843) 324-0735.
Mike;
I understand dude... Been busy for everyone these past few weeks. Great news on the 2nd projector! Very cool. I dunno if I'll have time to get my 2nd unit going or not. (Still need to finish the new RGB rig first!)
Give me a call when you can...
And just a reminder - if you want a Pangolin T-shirt you need to sign up so Bill will know how many shirts to bring, and what sizes too. If you don't want to post it publically, you can PM me and I'll forward it to Bill in private. SELEM is just 2 weeks away folks!
Adam
..And it'll be Hit The Road! http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/imag...s/drivingz.gifQuote:
SELEM is just 2 weeks away folks!
Thanks steve-o for putting together a logo, I made some minor modifications to it. We are going to put together 10 shirts. Going from the list made by buffo in another post there will be 9 XL and 1 L. For those who haven't chimed in with a shirt size, the only thing we will have for you is an XL, unless you post a reply here or PM me with something different.
I'd like to put in for one LARGE and one MEDIUM please.
Altho my back is still giving me fits..Im gunna do my best to get there.
Just all depends on my dayjob. nature of the beast.
Sure hope you can make it Chuck!
-And see all your nice li'l cherry reds at work!:)
And Thank You David!! How much can we contribute? Embroidered instead of heat transfer isnt cheap I imagine..
Nice logo steve-o. Only thing I would have added would be a smiley... ;) I like that lil fishtail that one has goin...
I think poistive thought for ya marconi. You have to get to enjoy this one. :D
It is included with your admission. Limited supplies not valid where prohibited. We will have 15 shirts, they have just been ordered, 10XL 4L 1M.Quote:
How much can we contribute? Embroidered instead of heat transfer isnt cheap I imagine..
LOL! Bit of an update, we will now have 11XL 7L and 2M. So 20 total, hopefully that will be plenty so that everyone will get one.
If you need any help covering the costs of making the shirts
I'll be glad to chip-in.
Hi Chuck!
Thanks for the offer, but I think we've got it covered. Besides, you've done a lot for this community already. (Not to mention for me personally!;) ) Steve-o managed to whip up a cool Logo in record time, and DZ just happened to have a family member that was willing to do the embroidery (sp?) work for free, so all we have to do is buy the shirts. (And she gets a discount on the shirts too!)
Sure will be great to see you at SELEM pal... You know it's going to be a great time. (Plus, once you're in North Carolina the dudes back at the station *CAN'T* possibly call you back for any problems!:D )
Adam
Hey guys, just got a sample of what the SELEM shirt will look like! The sample is on a red shirt with black embroidery. The actual shirts will be black with red and white embroidery. Whatcha think?!
I agree with Allthat:)
I see just one problem: It's Photonlexicon.com, not Photolexicon.com There's an "n" missing...
Other than that, the logo looks great!
Adam
Doh! Good catch Adam. Glad I posted the sample, I completely missed that. She didn't start any of the shirts yet and was going to start them tonight. She said that she will have to send an email to the guy that digitized it and have it redone so she can get started on the shirts probably tomorrow. It was kinda neat watching what look like a regular sewing machine run through and put that on the shirt completely automated!Quote:
It's Photonlexicon.com, not Photolexicon.com
Aint technology grand?:D
Good eye Adam.
Only when it works!Quote:
Aint technology grand?
Cool. Glad we caught it before she made any of the shirts!:o
Adam
Really! We'd all be wearing Photolexicon shirts!
We?Quote:
Glad we caught it
That's very modest of you, Adam:)
Ok guys, we had the letter n added and enlarged the web address. In doing so we dropped the 2007. Hope it looks ok. By the way, my thinking is to have SELEM in red and the web address in white, stitched on a black shirt. What do you guys think? They can be made just about any color.
Gotta admit, the more I look at the red shirt with black stitching, the more I think that would have been great! Oh well, this was kind of a rush job, so we get what we get! Next year we will plan ahead...
Hi Dave!
I like it! We don't need the 2007 on there; it looks fine the way it is.
Next year we can look into other colors, but you're always safe with black. (Besides, I think its cool that the laser part of the logo will be in red... After all, when have you seen a black laser beam, right?:D ) White sounds just fine for the text.
Thanks again for all the work you've done to pull this project together. Be sure you thank your family for all their help too!
Adam
:rolleyes: I like black shirts... the PL logo would be cool in white, but you know what would be really cool? Make the "laser" after SELEM white, then each arm of the star at the end a different color... >:) Or does that fall into that planning for next time bin? :confused: ;)
I think that might be a bit beyond what the machine can do. I'm pretty sure you'd have to re-load the shirt after you changed thread colors. Don't know how you'd ever align the starburst of beams...
Like you said though - something to think about for the SELEM 2008 design. :D
Adam
:o I know... I had a moment of inspiration and had to share. :D
Yeah bit late to add all the different colors. Not only would you have to reload the thread each time, but the digitized image would need to be changed. Right now its set for 2 colors. To change it would require sending it off again to get redone so that the sewing machine would know when to stop and request a thread change. Anyway, here is final product! We'll jazz it up for next years event!