Which lasershow packages do support IDN (ILDA Digital Network) output?
Are there any at all?
Printable View
Which lasershow packages do support IDN (ILDA Digital Network) output?
Are there any at all?
none....
people say LSX but not sure but if so that would be almost the only one.
Hi,
shure there are. For my talk at the IDN session at ILDA in Montreal I've pot together a list (that I don't have with me right now) - but essentially/mostly it's all that supports the NetLase/EasyLase API since there is a driver from the university of Bonn. I don't know about the distribution/redistribution but actually, getting all these pieces around IDN together on a website is one of the current open tasks (besides file standard, network discovery, ...). Just a note here - I'm a technician. While I am involved in IDN development I support it where I can - but I don't see my focus in advertising the products of others. So - If people want to stay with proprietary protocols - that's their choice...
Namely - out of my head - Blender (there is a plugin), Spaghetti, Dynamics, LPS, LSX, HE Laserscan, all Mamba, Inkscape (there is a plugin), LaserMax - plus there are applications/toolboxes/libraries - interactive games, architectural lightning, power measurement and visualisation (2D/3D).
Best regards
--Dirk
Dirk has a great list there but I'm surprised he didn't mention that with his stagemate/stagefeed converters, any laser control system can output IDN and any ILDA capable laser can receive it
Ups, yes, forgot that little detail :-)
These pocket size converters were designed to transparently bridge the analogue ISP into the digital IDN and back - which of course makes all kinds of applications on both sides possible...
I should also mention the GitHub repository at https://github.com/DexLogic
File recorder is in the oven but I didn't have time recently to do the multi threading (single threaded is too hard with the thread blocking in network and file system) and audio...
Best
--Dirk
IDN is a great concept, and a nice open standard.
It saves reinventing the wheel over and over.
We use it, along with DexLogic StageMate / StageFeed ADCs/DACs as a convenient way of transporting laser effect data on our in-house tools
James
not sure if you should do a file recorder.. that will scream frame piracy very soon... it's actually why large companies stay away from these open formats.. I like the convenience of being able to bake to frames or record but i do see the flip side here too.
That's a moot point. You can also use some kind of multichannel ADAT recorder or similar to capture the frame stream of any laser DAC.
Also, if you are able to somehow insert a IDN frame grabber into the network stream, then you probably already have access to the show anyway, in some form or another.
Not that I disagree with you, but I also don't think progress should be limited because of such concerns. If large companies don't want to implement open formats because of piracy, then fine.
It only matters for preprogrammed shows anyway. Interactive shows will hopefully become more of a standard.