Shoot holes in my estop idea
Time for me to work on filing CDRH stuff.
Want to build an estop system.
My plans are to mount my FB4 DACs in a box. Each box will contain the FB4 DAC, a 12v PSU, powercon input that powers the 12v PSU for the FB4 and also feeds a PCB with a power cut relay. Ethernet input for estop. Powercon output and DB25 output to the projector.
I will run 100mbps network. There are two extra pairs of wires not used. On gigabit, each pair goes to magnetics for that networking standard so I will use one lead from one for GND and one for 5v.
My board (powered by the 12v supply in the DAC box) will have an op-amp and resistor for bringing in 5v and powering the op amp, then the needed crap for a relay that feeds projector.
I will use high speed photography to measure the output drop on projector when power cut is initiated to show the output loss is super rapid (Lightspace Plutos IIs, it' so quick it's not funny.)
I know XLaser does something similar but not sure the details. When I was younger we used to dump dual 100mbps ethernet on single cat5 and 100mbps + ISDN PBX phone and other craziness in our nerd house.
I plan to get auto MDX/MDI switches (low end) and bind all those extra pins together for the stop thing.
Will keep it isolated to avoid ground loops.
Any issues that come to mind? Key triggered stop plunger will supply 5vdc.
Was thinking maybe AC is better due to less line loss?
Maybe a few boxes for FB3 projectors but really I hate anything that isn't ethernet.