Hello everyone! First post. Need advice on my new RGB galvo system
So, I built a Scanpro 20K galvo system using a green laser, their supplied DMX512 board and a third party ILDA USB DAC.
It went fine. But, of course, green get's boring and I wanted to increase the speed of the galvos to 50K. SO, I began on my journey. I purchased:
1x 635nm red (300mw)
1x 473nm blue (100mw)
1x set of 50K scanners and drivers (plus a small 24+- psu)
1x red dichroic mirror
1x blue dichroic mirror
2x analog drivers to replace the existing TTL drivers (I will current match them to the TTL drivers)
1x Laserworld 12bit USB dac with 8bit color channels and Showeditor 2008
OK! I ready to rumble!
One thing that strikes me right away is the alignment of the laser heads and the dochroics. This is going to be tricky to get the color to work properly.
The very first hurdle is the height of the laser heads respective to the first galvo mirror. Besides shimming the heads to the correct height, is there a better way to manage the beam geometry?
Thanks for any advice!
Oh, and I'm posting my pics in my gallery: http://photonlexicon.com/gallery/v/u...nkenPC/RGB50K/