USB Audio DAC mod + LaserBoy Correction Amp
Here are some nice pictures of a hand made LaserBoy Correction Amp and one of those famouse USB sound cards.
GRIBYX = green, red, intensity, blue, Y, X !
Cable shield is grounded.
The twin lead is USB +5VDC and GND (white stripe).
In order to get the right levels out of this audio DAC, you need to display the provided software effects / mixer application and set it to 6 channels. Then you need to set the level of each channel. This goofy thing has a built in digital gain with automatic digital limiting (YUK! :eek:). It has NO EFFECT if you set the levels to just high enough but not too high!
http://hacylon.case.edu/laser/LaserB..._audio_dac.jpg
http://hacylon.case.edu/laser/LaserB...ection_amp.jpg
See the long, plain black box? That is a DC/DC converter that takes +5VDC and provides +/-9VDC for the op-amps. How cool is that?
BTW, the printed boards are done and a bunch of parts are on their way! We will have 25 kits available very soon. More after that! Those DC/DC buggers are made when ordered!
James. :)
Field reassignable ILDA pinout!!!
Wooo Hooo!
Lookie here!
I can hook it up any way I want to now! :D
I soldered in the pins on the output of this board, but I should have soldered in the sockets. Oh well. I just tacked the sockets on the bottom of the board, and went from there. This is what I ended up with. At least this way, I have a set of voltage test pins and output sockets! :D
http://hacylon.case.edu/laser/LaserB...ion_amp_01.jpg
http://hacylon.case.edu/laser/LaserB...ion_amp_02.jpg
Future expandable! Why do those gold pins look like fiber optics? Weird!
James. :)
The secret to LaserBoy's electronic sexual ambiguity
LaserBoy takes it both ways on the ins and the outs!
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek:
http://hacylon.case.edu/laser/LaserB...ted_kit_03.jpg
http://hacylon.case.edu/laser/LaserB...ted_kit_02.jpg
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek:
James. :)