Hi all
I have pre loaded beam effects loaded on my laser machine It comes on when no lap top is connected.
Is there any way I can Chage the Beams to pictures or is it some kind of pre factory test or somthing>
Any ideas???
Printable View
Hi all
I have pre loaded beam effects loaded on my laser machine It comes on when no lap top is connected.
Is there any way I can Chage the Beams to pictures or is it some kind of pre factory test or somthing>
Any ideas???
You probably have the same DMX / ILDA controller that everyone else has that came with the scanners. That's a ROM chip. I don't think you can change it. You might be able to replace it with some other set of pre-defined graphics.
James. :)
If you have a programming board, and the source code for the chips, you _may_ be able to modify it. I have been thinking the same thing, but not sure hows it works.
After a little researching, it appears this will actually be quite easy to do. I am thinking about doing a little reverse engineering along with Dave to try figure this thing out. It seems its just a simple CMOS flash chip ....
Apparently there is a program that converts ILDA files into a special format for the chip. I'll update as I go along ....
They are probably nothing more that tables of points so I think you are right it should be 'easy' to do for some folks. Good luck, consider releasing an app that is able to load ilda files into the ROM binary file, and then another app that came with the ROM programmer can re-flash the ROM.
Maybe there is even a way to re-flash the ROM in-circuit? :D
i have a few of these if it would help i can send you one to hack
if you dont mind building things ElM Chan shares a circuit and code that uses a CF card.
http://elm-chan.org/works/vlp/ldpctl2.jpeg
Steve
^^
And I vaugley remember a member talking about hacking the firmware(very well written assembler BTW!!!) to add DMX capability to the ELM Chan circuit
the ones i have now use an stc chip but i have seen them with an atmega chip
ATMEGA I can read and decompile. I dont have a SDK for ST :-(
I got as far as buying 2 adapter boards for the ATMEGA that Chan uses, downloaded the code and carefully soldered the TQFP or what ever the hell that zillion leg surface mount package is to both boards and then got distracted by, you guessed it, the day job.
Steve
as long as the rom is readable, as you said decompilation isn't necessary. But is it worth it? These things probably can't hold more than a few hundred frames and there are DACs out the that can hold many full shows on an SD card.
This is the chip that needs to be programed Im guessing though:confused:
What you think? its huge
Yeah thats more than likely the memory chip.
Its also the fact that sometimes I need to use DMX, where a DAC isnt an option. Being able to put my own stuff on there would be great for that purpose ...
Something like a RIYA DAC device might be better. They support SD memory, I think up to 2 gigs and can run standalone. They also have some sort of DMX support.