Synrad / Laakman 10W CO2 Laser...
Hi Everyone,
As some of you may know. I purchased a couple of these tiny RF pumped CO2 lasers at a local swapmeet last week.
Well, I just started reassembling the power supply for this laser and having no experiance with RF supplies,,, I have a few questions. Here are a few pics of the laser head with the RF amplifier I just installed along with the RF pre-amplifier/modulation board.
http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t...2/P4131919.jpg
http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t...2/P4131925.jpg
So, I installed the RF amplifier board onto the laser head and used solid copper wire to run the connections along with covering the sharp connections with hot glue to keep the RF from dissipating.
http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t...2/P4131924.jpg
http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t...2/P4131923.jpg
Here are my questions.....
It seems I need a fuse on the board that powers the large MOSFET amplifier. What is the value of this fuse supposed to be?
Is the input on the amplifier power board +12VDC?
Is this where the pre-amplifier RF signal goes?
http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t...tuff2/CO21.jpg
Here is the pre-amp board. I'm guessing I need +12VDC for the modulation for full on. Is this correct?
What is the other input and voltage? Is this an interlock or something?
http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t...tuff2/CO22.jpg
Here is the other end of the board. I'm guessing the main power for the board enters here as +12VDC and the RF output exits via the BNC connector and connects directly to the laser head amplifier.
http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t...tuff2/CO23.jpg
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Adam
big bad RF co2 laser 7watts
Hows everyone doing, Im new to this forum, but I wanted Adam (300 Evil to know I finally got in here Im Nightstick,(Lynn) Im the one with the You tube rf co2 laser... Like yours,,the one with the spinning newspaper at the beginning of the video, complements of my 13 year old Son... the one where Im melting the candle, and the one where I keep dropping the camera, also a very bad voice over:) haha anyway,I also got my laser from Chris, and I ordered two more which will have the same driver setup as yours Adam. So maybe we all can give each other some pointers I appreaciate all the info you all have put in here so far, My first co2 that you saw on youtube is a lot different than the new ones Im getting. so Im looking forward to putting them together, Great to be here Lynn