I'm liking this......more for me to talk to
Wives and girlfriends coming to SELEM. I think it's great. Allthatwhichis will someone be coming with you? [popcorn]
Group Rate Details for Holiday Inn Express!
Update on group rate for Holiday Inn Express:
Just got off the phone with "Gerry" (female), and she confirmed a rate of $75 (plus tax) for all SELEM attendees. (WOOT!) This rate is good for Friday, August 14th through Sunday, August 16th. You can stay one, two, or all three nights - doesn't matter. The general manager (Cathy Newton) was not in when I called, but she will also know about this rate if you call and Gerry is not in for whatever reason.
Note: They *do* have non-smoking rooms available. So Steve, if you had a problem last time, maybe they put you in a smoking room by accident? Be sure to ask for non-smoking next time; they'll hook you up.
So, if you want to book a hotel room for SELEM, call (828) 465-7070 and tell them you are from PhotonLexicon and you will be attending SELEM. Then give them the dates that you need a room for.
They are holding a block of 10 rooms for us until August 5th. They will give us extra rooms at the group rate *if* they are available (which they probably will be). But after August 5th, you'll have to pay full price. (Something around $90 I think, plus tax.)
If you need to cancel, you can do so without penalty as long as you call them by 6 PM on the day you are supposed to arrive.
Note that if you book on-line, there may be other restrictions, and you won't get the PhotonLexicon rate. To get this rate, you need to call the hotel directly at (828) 465-7070.
Adam
I ask for kindness to be shown
Remember us new people.............
You people keep talking and I'm so glad everyone is excited. :confused: I learned those at FLEM but this is ALL NEW to Matthew (DJMATT) and myself (CAT). Is it too juvenile to dare ask about a name tag or some kind of sign other than "I"ll be the one there with a laser"? It's hard learning given names let alone PL code names. Cat :eek:
Something to remember....
WOW - this is getting big in a hurry!
Come on, August!! :D
The SELEM and FLEM meets are open to anyone & everyone that are into the lasers as art, entertainment, hobby, etc. No rig is to small - or too big, provided it can make it through the loading dock!! :p
Given the fact that the SELEM venue is an auditorium with a stage and two levels of seating, the focus (but certainly not all!) of the event tends to steer towards multiple projectors running simultaneously beam shows, and most people in attendance really get a kick out it! It is definitely a "Pangolin-heavy" environment, but owning Pangolin gear is certainly not a requirement for anyone that wants to attend, mingle, fire up the lasers, and have fun. :D
And now, the disclaimer -
Folks travel from all over the country to attend SELEM, and put a lot of time, effort, and often, money into getting eveything ready for this event. This meet is NOT the place to bring dislikes, hostilities or strongly expressed differences of opinion concerning file formats, companies, company staff, related organizations, etc. Please - leave that at home, or if you can't do that, don't attend the meet! There's already enough of that type of exchange on the various forums - we don't need it thrown in our faces on the rare occasions we get to meet as a group and try to enjoy our mutual interests!
SO - that said and out of the way -
Who's bringin' the biggest laser this year? *retardo
If you believe that.............
The one that worries me is DocJohn, he's driving, which means he's got something. One day when all of you least expect it, I will have learned something by reading all the threads and watching Matthew. When that time comes, I promise I will have built it by MYSELF. Cat :cool: