Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: TLEM - Saturday, January 30th 2010 - Tennessee

UPDATE:

Hwy 111: Southern 111 is OK to Dunlap. From Dunlap to Spencer---Van Buren Co Sheriff office said patchy ice but not so bad. From Spencer to Sparta - White Co Sheriff office said 111 is closed BUT THP (and TDOT) said 111 open but trecherous. Sparta to Cookeville- - open with patchy spots of bad.

Hwy 127----don't try it....so I've heard.

Cookeville city streets are open with ice and slush.

I'll have my phone w/ me. Don't hesitate to call. If I don't answer right away, i'll return the call.

Slush WILL freeze this late pm/early am.

Gimme a hollar, fellers.

Question

So where is the live feed?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Anyone heard if this LEM happened or not?
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Question

And if it did happen, did anyone survive? 3 days an no report from a LEM is maek me a little concerned.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    And if it did happen, did anyone survive? 3 days an no report from a LEM is maek me a little concerned.

It happened, Adam , Doug, and Jonathan spent the evening working on Jonathan's ion system.
    I was there via telecon...

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

yeah sorry for delay in response. I haven't been on since then. Adam took some good video. I think Doug got some pics too. Hopefully they can post soon.

It was a blast!!

It was short but great seeing Doug and Jonathan again. We had a mad tech session that involved aligning the Lexel WL back to life and fooling with the alignment and tuning on the NEOS PCAOM. Trying to shove 12 hours of intricate tuning into 4 hours was basically impossible but definitely fun. Also, Doug invited us to his house where his girl had a big pot of home cooked chili for us. It was great having a nice home cooked meal after eating fast food for the last week. We even managed to squeeze in a couple of shows at the last minute. I think we were there until 2AM or so. I'll check and see what I have in video and pics.
    Thanks!
    Adam

The amount we accomplished is really quite amazing considering the time constraint. Aligning an ion is a beast I'm yet to conquer glad Doug and Adam were there to show me how! They helped me out with my ion and projector a lot. Adam's projector is great, we saw a few shows at the last minute, it was a lot of fun. Chili was A-mazing. Lot's of fun, I always enjoy popping the hood on my ion. I'm a tech guy, it's what I live for!

I had a blast! Wish it could have lasted a bit longer too. It was nice meeting your dad, Adam. He's a great guy, loved his company.

Maybe next time we can get the community center. The city rents it out for events. It's a bit larger than the SELEM venue yet very similar in many ways. It's very reasonable too ~100/day.