Thread: Now what? -serious n00b question, for real-

Default Now what? -serious n00b question, for real-

So, I've got a couple red diodes on sleds... (LPC815's from the latest group buy)

What do i do now?

I need to buy some axiz mods w/good lenses, a power supply for 'em, a heatsink and TEC right? Any suggestions on where i might be able to buy the bits?

I've got two aixiz modules (well i think they're aixiz ones... i bought them ages ago but never used them) they look identical to them anyway... you can have them both for £7 delivered as im out of the laser hobby business until i finish uni

Not sure if they've got the glass or acrylic lenses though, but i'd assume acrylic.

to drive and modulate them i'd recommend either a flexmod or die4drive, search here on the forum and you should find more info and instructions on how to set them up so you don't blow the diodes up by overpowering them

as for the heat sink and TEC, try ebay/ wait for others to chime in lol

I'd also suggest you get two LASORBS to add a bit of extra safety against static discharges and look on metacafe for videos on how to 'harvest' and mount the diodes.

cheers

Tom

only just seen this post mate.

personally i think the best housing is an aixiz housing, they accept a good varity of lens.

as for lens, theres the standard aixiz one, glass aixiz one, roithner GS-7020H and roithner Lens27

http://www.roithner-laser.com/Optics-LD.htm

for the price the aixiz ones are good, the 7020H gives about the same beam spec as the aixiz but gives you more power and the lens27 is the nuts, amazing beam spec and good power.

you will need a driver to power the diode, i recommend a die4laser driver. excellent, easy to use drivers. die4laser drivers need a 5v PSU to run them.

heatsink yes, tec well probably not.

if you run the open can red diode at 250mw ish only a heat sink is required. at the last meet i have a dual open can red setup running all day long on only a heat sink and it produced no heat.

hope this helps
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    only just seen this post mate.

personally i think the best housing is an aixiz housing, they accept a good varity of lens.

as for lens, theres the standard aixiz one, glass aixiz one, roithner GS-7020H and roithner Lens27

]for the price the aixiz ones are good, the 7020H gives about the same beam spec as the aixiz but gives you more power and the lens27 is the nuts, amazing beam spec and good power

you will need a driver to power the diode, i recommend a die4laser driver. excellent, easy to use drivers. die4laser drivers need a 5v PSU to run them.

heatsink yes, tec well probably not.

if you run the open can red diode at 250mw ish only a heat sink is required. at the last meet i have a dual open can red setup running all day long on only a heat sink and it produced no heat.
    Perfect, thanks very much for your help!

Do you know where to purchase all these bits? Are there specific heatsinks made for the axiz modules or is it a matter of drilling my own out?

Quote Originally Posted by robotarmy View Post
    Perfect, thanks very much for your help!

Do you know where to purchase all these bits? Are there specific heatsinks made for the axiz modules or is it a matter of drilling my own out?
    well aixiz housings can be purchased from ebay, although only in 10's, they are £2 each

drivers can be purchased from robin at die4laser his e-mail address is on his site. i believe the drivers are something like £20 each

lens you can get from roithner, so stick with the ones that come with the aixiz housings for the moment and upgrade later.

as for heat sinks, there are none that i know of made for aixiz housings. but if you check the group buy thread i did just post some mounts for aixiz housings for sale
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat