Thread: Mr. Christmas Musical Laser Projector

Default Mr. Christmas Musical Laser Projector

Anyone familiar with this projector? Is it actually a laser projector? What little info I have been able to find gives no technical specs. and it apparently is completely proprietary with no ability to control it aside from what is inbuilt. Just wondering if anyone has tried hacking it.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Smile

And a big hello and welcome to you too.

A little note on who you are and filling in your location on your profile would be a nice way to introduce yaself to the gang.
    Oh and a linky (like this) would be nice if you are asking questions about specific products.

Yes its a projector, at least its realy scanning! and the speed seems not too bad, low flicker.

On the back is a slot reading "Memory Card", so maybe its some sort of ILDA Player and you can add stuff.

On the other side: it's just Red. so the question is: What does this Thing finally cost?

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Xer0 View Post
    Yes its a projector, at least its realy scanning! and the speed seems not too bad, low flicker.

On the back is a slot reading "Memory Card", so maybe its some sort of ILDA Player and you can add stuff.

On the other side: it's just Red. so the question is: What does this Thing finally cost?
    379$ on sale....

here is a video, I saw one in December, its shockingly good compared to your average 400$ projector...

http://www.holidayprojectors.com/Mr_...rlightshow.htm

yeah, it does music and laser...
    Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Heh, not bad.. the animations aren't nearly as cheesy as I had expected. Not sure if it's worth it to modify, but for what you get if you want one of these it's a decent deal.

It's not a bad deal, either, but you should know what you want.
    Maybe its a better choice to add some cash and spent it for DT40, which surely will kick Santa's smooth flickerfree animated Ass

Remeber there ist only a red Laser! and maybe not enough space to add GV, so you must rip it out.
    But... just a thought: If you find out how to flash your own Shows into it (there's even an SD Reader) then it would be mad bargain!

Default Mr. Christmas . . .

One of these units just recently sold on eBay for $265. I'm guessing they were somewhat of a retail "flop", and therefore may occasionally be found at some fairly low prices. It probably flopped because the only real potential interest lay with laser enthusiasts, and that didn't pan out because its price was too high (approx $450) considering its limitations. However, it would be impressive at some price (perhaps $200 to $250) to "play with". It would be fun to see what could be done in way of hacking it.