Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: PF-114 RGV 300mW ILDA - anyone own one?

To be exact, it's in Germany already So i should hold it in hands between tomorrow and Thursday!

good stuff! so hows the soundcard DAC making going? your going to get bored of that dancing white rabbit after a few hours!!

\o/ Laser is Here !!!

How and how long should i "amoclimatisate" it from the cold flight?

I wouldn't worry about it. If it's not freezing-cold to the touch, it's OK to run. Unpack it, and if it's close to room temperature, fire it up. If it really is freezing-cold to the touch, let it warm up for 20 minutes or so.

Adam

Ok, here we go!

First some unboxing pix:

And now whats really interessting - Videos!

Nice one! - I had to adjust my galvos a little to get the horizontal line straight but ur looks fine! Do you notice any pink edges on the white portion of the demo circle? or other demos animations? I do since i moved my galvos, but I didnt have much of an option as the was the only way I could get the thing to project straight!

I just purchased a mini HD recorder so Ill post some of my videos using the ishow DAC, will be good to compare. Black case looks better than my pinky purple one!

Yes there ist always the brighter bluray visible on mixed lines, but its good centered. However, i dont know if its the sloppy drawed animations programmed in, or if its the laser himself. but circles arent really round, lines are not pefect straight, and its flickering like hell.
    I would say its 15k at max but i have to test it with DAC and Testframe bevor making any final judgement!
    Also the power dont seem like 300mW to me. can that be? but my brother's 15mW DX Greenie is brighter...

Have to get some of these intence sticks and make Beamshots the days!
    Parts for DAC are on their way. this gona be a mad week

PS: Yes the black case is sweeet <3

Quote Originally Posted by Gadget View Post
    no its crappy ishow and ishow DAC. Really is junk :-( dots appear on some of the ishow screens when animating, almost like i should be able to turn the dot to dot like points off but i cant. well i cant see a function to turn it off. Ishow software was never bug fixed, ie scanrate doesnt work on show edit page / can cantrol playback speed on show edit page of anything / convert segment to ILD loses color / movement variables/ leaves stationary bright dots on some animations and the dotted line thing on line movement.

Getting James(from laserboy forum) to make me a Soundcard DAC soon :-)

UPDATE: Spaghetti 1.9.1.7 works well now with ishow usb DAC, even fixes the dotted line issue I was having with I show, exact same animations play without brightspots too.
    ya ishow is total garbage, a friend of mine purchased one of these chinese projectors and it looks like total garbage with ishow, when I hook it up to my pangolin it looks fine

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    ya ishow is total garbage, a friend of mine purchased one of these chinese projectors and it looks like total garbage with ishow, when I hook it up to my pangolin it looks fine
    Great thanks for that ray of hope Flecom! I must say I still have suspitions on the scan speed, as Xer0 impression of the bult in animations are the same as mine but without a decent DAC I have no way of cross checking, I know with ishow the image gets really skewed at 30k + and animations dont stop flickering until about the 35k+ setting in ishow.

Quote Originally Posted by Xer0 View Post
    Yes there ist always the brighter bluray visible on mixed lines, but its good centered. However, i dont know if its the sloppy drawed animations programmed in, or if its the laser himself. but circles arent really round, lines are not pefect straight, and its flickering like hell.
    I would say its 15k at max but i have to test it with DAC and Testframe bevor making any final judgement!
    Also the power dont seem like 300mW to me. can that be? but my brother's 15mW DX Greenie is brighter...

Have to get some of these intence sticks and make Beamshots the days!
    Parts for DAC are on their way. this gona be a mad week

PS: Yes the black case is sweeet <3
    I guess we could upgrade the scanners but I was hoping they were being truthful as I specifically asked them about the scanspeed! as for the output, Id say red and violet are weaker than green. violet beam is too fat to be any use by itself, just good for mixing.
    Last edited by Gadget; 02-08-2010 at 16:01.