Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PF-114 RGV 300mW ILDA - anyone own one?

Default PF-114 RGV 300mW ILDA - anyone own one?

Hello there, I recently purchased a PF-114 RGV 300mW ILDA laser from PF Lighting (30Kpps / Green 532nm/Red 650nm/Blue 405nm).

I have 2 questions
    1. How can I really tell if this is a 30Kpps Galvo? On this laser ILDA animations at 30Kpps look very Warped / text is unreadable(simple lines animations look Ok(ish) , lowering the PPS speed draws a better image, less warped, text becomes readable but very flashy.I use ishow DAC(I know its not a good DAC, im building a soundcard DAC soon)

2. I have read that you can add a small amount of green to the 405nm Violet to make a slightly better Blue. Any pointers from the experts?

PF114 RGB: http://www.pf-lighting.com/2009en/in...0&productname=

300mw RGB Animation Laser (PF115) Feature Specification
    Features: RGB full color animation laser with high-speed optical scanner to create animated graphics, 128 beam and graphics show patterns, and with the function of unique blanking, frequently flashing, rotating, movement, billowing, zoom (+/-), drawing, speed and color, ect.

Scanner: High-speed optical scanner, big angle scanning

Rate Voltage:AC85V-265V 50HZ~60HZ(Auto-adjust)
    Rate Power:10w
    Laser Power:300mW/500mW
    Laser wavelength:Red(650nm),Green(532nm),Blue(405nm)
    Color:RGB
    Scanning:30kpps vibratory mirror system
    Control signal:ILDA,Built-in signals,DMX512
    Working mode:ILDA international Standard signal / Stand alone / Music Active/DMX512
    DMX512 :10 CHS
    Cool:FAN
    Dimensions:L310 X D325 X H80(mm)
    W:2.5Kg

Play Mode: Sound Active, AUTO-Beam, AUTO-Animation, DMX512 (12 channels), Master/Slave, PC Control

PC control: Compatible ILDA laser show software with ILDA interface. Use electronic switches to conversion full ILDA signal.

Safety Capacity: Automatically identify ILDA or built-in program mode. Master/slave mode, DMX512 and PC control mode, will shut off laser automatically without trigger signal. Design according to security and good performance, safer to human and environment

Power Supply: 100~250V, 50/60HZ, 100W
    Size: 500*330*170mm
    Weight: 10Kg

Applicable for Disco, Clubs, KTV, Pub, Bar, family party, ect.

Thanks!
    Gadget
    Last edited by Gadget; 02-02-2010 at 22:46.

If stuff is warped at 30K, you can try tuning the scanners, however I doubt they are 30K scanners in the first place.

Also, you mention 405nm blue at the top of your post, but 473nm blue towards the bottom of your post. If you are wanting to add green to make it more blue-ish, then i assume it's 405nm?

Yes, you can add green to make a bluish colour, however I doubt the iShow DAC would have such a feature unfortunately.

yes its 405nm, sorry there are 2 versions of this laser one with the 405nm and one with 473nm(which is twice the price) I have the 405nm version. ok I under stand now if I had a capable DAC with the right lasershow software I would be able to mix in a little green to the violet to get a better blue?. This is a TTL laser would that be an issue? Would there be any point setting up a small green laser that triggers in parallel with the violet, premixing it? That would mess up the other colors i guess.

If its TTl there's no way to add a little green. TTL functions as either fully on or fully off. To mix in small amounts of colours you need analogue lasers.

ok, cool. Still new to this stuff, had a feeling but you confirmed it. Thanks :-) The violet is really only good when mixed, not by itself as it stands.

If you wanted you could connect up a low powered green module and combine it with your 405, however it's probably more effort than it's worth TBH.

Yes, your correct. I should really just look for a 473nm matching diode at a good price to replace the 50mW 405nm violet. IF I did you that route would I just be looking for a 50mW 473nm laser at the same current/voltage power rating? The current driver for the violet would then fit the new 473nm one?

This is interesting, a prebuilt box with violet/green mixed to make close to blue 488nm: http://www.clantechlaser.com/remo.html
    Although the size is a bit big to fit in the current case.

Last edited by Gadget; 01-30-2010 at 14:05.

Mhh. If these wre Analog Lasers, you could just add a OpAmp circuit to the Green signal line, feed by the Blue one. But with TTL... electronically its even easier - add a 5mW Pointer Module and connect its driver to the Blue ILDA port! You can use the space between Galvo and Laser Array you see on the picture. But yes, you need an high quality reflect-532nm-only Dichro and cause nothing is losless, you could fuck up the white color mix by this, in need for recalibrating all drivers.

btw... i watched the Video (wtf. its buffering so slow, i decided to fist download it via VDH directly... 8kbps! felt like in the good ol dialup days :P )

Animations are good. very colourfull, and not boring; even if the soundcontrol dont really match any beat. But hell yeah i would never ever do audience scanning with it! eye deadly standing rays, i saw

Quote Originally Posted by Xer0 View Post
    Mhh. If these wre Analog Lasers, you could just add a OpAmp circuit to the Green signal line, feed by the Blue one. But with TTL... electronically its even easier - add a 5mW Pointer Module and connect its driver to the Blue ILDA port! You can use the space between Galvo and Laser Array you see on the picture. But yes, you need an high quality reflect-532nm-only Dichro and cause nothing is losless, you could fuck up the white color mix by this, in need for recalibrating all drivers.
    Ok cool, thanks for the heads up, yeah I know its going to mess up the overall color calibration,just a thought as a poormans 473 ;-)