Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing LWave

Default Introducing LWave

Awhile back, I wrote an abstract function generator program called LaserWave (before I knew there was a manufacturer of the same name). I've since dressed it up a bit and renamed it LWave.

LWave produces 6 or 8 channel .wav files that can be played on a projector using a modified audio card and correction amp. The first 6 channels contain laser data (X,Y,R,G,B,user-defined), and ch 7&8 can be used for music. Even if you don't have a projector or a multi-ch audio card, you can still run LWave in the stereo demo mode- just slip on a pair of headphones and enjoy the show on your screen.

I'm an audio electronics type that has played around with soundcards for a long time, and I believe soundcards are a cheap but worthwhile alternative to push the envelope of laser projection to include photographic color rendering, together with optional music or enjoyable sound effects in one package, for those who don't mind doing a little tinkering.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dchammonds; 08-03-2020 at 20:42.

I know you!

I've heard of lwave from James Lehmann.. Sounds very cool! Downloading now..

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    I know you!
    Dean was at SELEM 2009. He was also at SELEM 2008, but you missed that one...

Glad to see you're still working on this project, Dean. It really is capable of creating some awesome abstracts!

Adam

Thanks for the reply, Adam!

Big thumbs-up dean, while it's not the most intuitive program to use it's the bees knees in free abstract generators.
    "I'd like to buy another oscillator, please.."

Hi Dchammonds,
    Pleasure to meeting you here, it is pleasure to know people love the same name" Laserwave".
    good job,big thumbs for your working.
    Bridge is representation of laserwave here, wish to be friends with you.
    Best ragards!
    Bridge
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge

Default Fun

Been having a lot of fun this LWave Dean, nice work.

This inspired me to think about what kind of software I could write that maybe hasn't been done before. I've been thinking it might be fun to do something with edge detection on video. It could be real time with a fast enough PC or with DirectX10 hardware.

Mike

Sweet!
    I'll have to check this out. Thanks Dean!

Default LWave Feedback

Thanks for all of the positive feedback! I'm so excited about the fact that you can buy a multi-ch USB audio DAC for about $20 together with a simple correction circuit and make a hi-end color laser projector do a dance! One of my goals is to inspire some programmers to consider using wav file format (together with some simple formatting) as a way to present and archive a canned laser show.

"Programmers are devious bastards who should be watched carefully at all times and kept in dark rooms with no televisions or computers and fed horse doodoo like mushrooms." - mixedgas

Can't argue with that...