Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Review Lasever DPSS 532nm 1W LSR532H

Actually that 3km pic makes me wonder whata monkey made this laser. Divergence is HORRIBLE! I've seen 1+W shooting up the sky and've never seen such a poor result.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Default Divergence calculation...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    Actually that 3km pic makes me wonder whata monkey made this laser. Divergence is HORRIBLE! I've seen 1+W shooting up the sky and've never seen such a poor result.
    You don't understand my pic :

At 34m the spot have 3cm diameter.
    This laser have 4mm diameter at aperture (I choose fat beam for better athmospheric divergence, it's a customised collimation lens by Lasever, better for long range drawing and outdoor beamshow, A slower scan speed and better divergence is good for outdoor)
    http://www.pseudonomen.com/lasers/ca...alculator.html
    I get 0.76mRad

Now I can use :
    http://www.pseudonomen.com/lasers/ca...alculator.html
    At 3km the beam is 2.3m diameter.

On the first picture the beam passes very close to me (some meters), laser is @ 3Km.
    On second picture, I half-round to see the beam go far far away with his low divergence... The beam even gives the impression to become smaller !
    When you stay at the foot of a laser (typical handheld pointer usage), you can not see the divergence in the sky !!!!

Pascal

Edit : Picture added + poor english...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beam.jpg  

Last edited by Serveurperso; 02-03-2010 at 09:42.
    Connect your Raspberry PI to teleoperate, make and share securely any type of robots
    Low latency "game-like" remote piloting (100% free no-ads) you are welcome to test our robots!
    https://www.vigibot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    Hmm.. so you're obviously taking the precisely measured camera angle, beam angle in reference to the ground and distance into account when you did the math that led you to that result, right? Surely must have.. silly me.

the OP already posted his measured divergence figures... not too shabby it seems.

I'm assuming there must be some past negative issue with lasever in people's minds here.. This laser seems fine to me, especially when compared to a similar CNI unit.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    I'm assuming there must be some past negative issue with lasever in people's minds here...

You ain't searched the whole forum yet have you?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Not the WHOLE forum.. I'll give that a whirl.

Still reading, but from what I've read so far most of the real problems with Lasever are very old. Maybe they have improved... or contracted out.
    Last edited by ElektroFreak; 02-03-2010 at 10:28.

I haven't read any bad reports about a Lasever unit dying in about 18 months or so. But prior to that, you can find *lots* of reports of problems with Lasever units. I had a 100 mw blue unit fail 3 times. I also had two separate greens die on me. And that's just one user!

Now, I will say that when these lasers were working, they had very good divergence. In fact, one of the best lasers I ever measured (divergence-wise) was my 100 mw DPSS blue. It had (and still has) .5 mrad divergence! That's just about unheard of...

It may be that Lasever has solved all of their quality problems now. If I were in the market for a new laser and price was a major issue, I might even be inclined to give them another try. After all, I still have two Lasever lasers in my current RGB projector, and after all the problems were fixed, they've been running fairly stable now for the last year an a half.

But compared to other vendors that have not had such quality issues in the past, deciding to go with Lasever is, in my opinion, still a bit of a risk.

Adam

Default power measurement & stability pic...

Hi,

This is the power measurement :

1175mW after 3min, the laser go over 1W after few seconds (cold start) !

It is supposed to be underdrived a little by Lasever (normaly all LSR532H-1000 go over 1200mW to 1300mW max).

Pascal
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Effet.jpg  

PowerNoIRcut.jpg  

Stab.jpg  

MesureOff.jpg  

PowerIRcut.jpg  

Connect your Raspberry PI to teleoperate, make and share securely any type of robots
    Low latency "game-like" remote piloting (100% free no-ads) you are welcome to test our robots!

Hello Pascal,

Very good! Yes as I have asked for, the power was a little turned down for a better lifetime as you will use this laser all the day long. But still well over spec, I hope it will last forever

Have you measured the linearity of the analog modulation? I saw it ultra good and really fast responsive on the 3 units I have, maybe you can confirm with a graphic...

(lol, ça fait quand même bizarre de parler anglais avec un français )

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    (lol, ça fait quand même bizarre de parler anglais avec un français )
    ptdr ouais surtout que mon anglais doit pas être terrible !!! Je pense qu'avec les galvos je vais vite me rendre compte si la modulation assure...

Pascal

did you ever measure the output power?