Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QS time line show

Default QS time line show

I have created a show about 2 mins long in Quick Show Time Line. But the time line show has to be placed back to a Que to then save the workspace. As a workspace is around 102Mb in size I was hoping someone here may have managed to save a time line show in a smaller file to make it easier to share before I ask Bill by Email at Pangolin. I tried to compress the workspace file but for some reason the zip file was still over 100Mb.

Carl

Carl,
    Tried to do something similar a few weeks ago. These are my ambling's with it. Bill or someone else may be able to help more.
    I started with a copy of the 1.3 workspace and ripped a lot out, made a QS timeline show, ripped other stuff out and move things around, just generally messing, and it broke the timeline. I'm guessing due to the way it links to the cues or however it stores the timeline. There were a few other things up with the timeline, which I've been in contact with Bill about, but I'm not going into them here.
    One thing I could suggest you try if you really want a smaller workspace file now is, first copy cues to a new page that you'll use in the show. The delete all other pages; save, THEN make you show/timeline. I think it has to be that way around.
    I ripped out all the graphics from the atmospherics (so I could use the atmospherics to build beam shows), and it brought the workspace file down to 2.5MB (and that includes a 2 min show).
    That might be enough to get you going to do what you want. However personally I would wait until the next updated version of quickshow is released, hopefully with a few less kinks.
    I really like the quicktimeline and it looks a very promising alternative to showrider - and much easier to use. It just that that timeline feature needs a bit more time to develop.

Hope some of that helps!
    Dan
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Cheeres Dan

I'll try getting shut of all unwanted Que's and see how that go's.

Carl

It is too bad the time line shows can't be saved similar to how ShowRider shows are saved.

They can in a way...
    It's just when you go back in to edit them things are askew...
    I'm hoping when the next version of quickshow is released, I can move away from showrider all together...
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Default Same problem here

Hi i offcaurse get same problem, an why can we not save ques seperate, and have someone tryede to play back the workspace file from a USB memory stick, is it fast enough.
    Panolin Quickshow 2 and Beyond whit 2 FB3 controllers, full RGB
    Feel free to join my Laser freak group on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/#/group.php?gid=53680012853

I've made 3, 3 1/2 minute shows using the timeline now. I saved them in a file I created and that works fine. The one thing I am having problems with is if I make up a short 16 second show of 3 or 4 cue's then drag the finished timeline show into a empty cue. When I try to drag it back to the timeline again it won't let me????? is this just the way it's supposed to be????

Mattydrac is it some thing you can made a video about ?
    so i can see how you save the show

and can you share the show's whit us ?
    Panolin Quickshow 2 and Beyond whit 2 FB3 controllers, full RGB
    Feel free to join my Laser freak group on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/#/group.php?gid=53680012853

Quote Originally Posted by Phredy1 View Post
    It is too bad the time line shows can't be saved similar to how ShowRider shows are saved.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattydrac View Post
    I've made 3, 3 1/2 minute shows using the timeline now. I saved them in a file I created and that works fine. The one thing I am having problems with is if I make up a short 16 second show of 3 or 4 cue's then drag the finished timeline show into a empty cue. When I try to drag it back to the timeline again it won't let me????? is this just the way it's supposed to be????
    I can say that this will all be possible in the next release
    Just save the show in a single file (.qshw) and also drag it back to the QuickTimeline is possible.

Official Pangolin European Service & Repair Centre
    Authorised Distributor KVANT
    Please visit my webshop --> www.laserwebshop.com

Yeah making a video should be no problem. Saving timelines I've created with the save feature works great. But what I've been trying to do is take 3 or 4 cue's/frames from the pages, add them onto the timeline then drag the timeline tab onto an empty cue/frame slot on a page to make a single cue/frame. So that if I ever want to use that set piece again all I have to do is drag the cue/frame I've created onto the timeline. But at the moment it won't let me drag the cue/frame I've made back onto the timeline.

Apart from that I'm loving it. I've created some nice frames and animations of my own which is get easier to do the more I use it. I would like to see a free drawing tool in the future though to create frames/abstracts like you can with the animation editor. I sometimes like to make 3 or 4 circles squares etc in one image??? Maybe you can and I just haven't figured it out yet?