Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Another project red?

i find people annoying trying the pushy sell in threads when people are trying to play, learning and make this own stuff.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

so you were the STAR in dodgeball Do you have a problem with the truth or just answering direct questions?

i sell in the buy, sell, trade forum...if you dont like it...dont read it!

good luck on your project mecheng3 - you can do it!
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

do you have a problem with offering your knowledge on multi diode set ups? or would you rather just try the hard sell and making some money?

didnt realise this post was made in the for sale section? i thought it was in the advance technical discussion section?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    do you have a problem with offering your knowledge on multi diode set ups? or would you rather just try the hard sell and making some money?

didnt realise this post was made in the for sale section? i thought it was in the advance technical discussion section?
    Ahhhh so...it is "true" that you "have a problem with answering a direct question"

to answer your question - I do not have a problem offering knowledge on multi diode set ups AND I enjoy to offer solutions to peoples problems and if I make a buck along the way...then so be it.

offering knowledge is one aspect of a contribution, offering turn key mechanical solutions that actually ship is another.

facts are...artist renditions can only take you so far...I have seen artist renditions of men actually walking on the planet Mars.

as soon as you offer a 8 diode solution that is "smaller" (i dont know why you are so hung up on this "size" thing anyway...we have been over this before, consult a shrink) than mine...post it! until then you may STFU.

you have offered NOTHING to this topic except drama!
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

When stacking more than 2 beam on to op each other you need to use a telescope to get a decent beam out of it.

When using a telescope to make a fat beam small again we all know it will increase the divrigence.

So its very important to have good lenses with a small beam and small divrigence.

If needed I can supply you the correct telescope and all other equipment needed for your project.

But to get this good it will be an expensive project, I think in the end you pay 1/2 the price of a of off the shelf quality red laser (arctos) but you will spend many hours adjusting.

Don't forget photo's when you get started

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    Ahhhh so...it is "true" that you "have a problem with answering a direct question"

to answer your question - I do not have a problem offering knowledge on multi diode set ups AND I enjoy to offer solutions to peoples problems and if I make a buck along the way...then so be it.

offering knowledge is one aspect of a contribution, offering turn key mechanical solutions that actually ship is another.

facts are...artist renditions can only take you so far...I have seen artist renditions of men actually walking on the planet Mars.

as soon as you offer a 8 diode solution that is "smaller" (i dont know why you are so hung up on this "size" thing anyway...we have been over this before, consult a shrink) than mine...post it! until then you may STFU.

you have offered NOTHING to this topic except drama!
    LOL

yes cos "you can lead them to water...but you can't make them drink" was mega helpful...
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

No Comment...

--DDL
    I suffer from the Dunning–Kruger effect... daily.

Quote Originally Posted by daedal View Post
    No Comment...

--DDL
    Well... I guess that in itself is a comment... right?

--DDL

others quickly grasp the comment which blasted over your head, its called ROI...look it up
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    others quickly grasp the comment which blasted over your head, its called ROI...look it up
    Pat, I'm really not trying to be an ass... and I don't want to start an "interweb war" here... but Andy's right to some extent...

The crucial point being missed is outlined below in Mike's original post...

--DDL

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    Considering the overall outlay, I feel this is possible. Given the fill factor of the diodes, the output should be collimated with achromats to a nice size. The planned footprint of the laser head is 130mm X 145mm, with drivers and all electronics mounted on an exterior PCB inside the driver module assembly. Comments? Just planning stage for now...I may actually build it for kicks and giggles. I was thinking of a PL based project....any other intrest? That way all info would be shared and problems freely discussed and solutions opened. This could also be done on a smaller/larger scale...keeping in mind the final outcome and fill factor at the PBS cube.