Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laserman532 Rocks!

Default Laserman532 Rocks!

Out with the old, in with the new. I decided to order one of the dual beam combiners from Pat to replace a maxy module. I must say, this is a very nice little kit and the price can't be beat. Ordered it wednesday and it arrived on friday. Can't wait to sit down and throw some diodes in this thing! When you get a second, be sure to visit his website at http://www.microlaserlabs.com/

Thanks for the great products and service, Pat!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00584.JPG  

DSC00587.JPG  

DSC00585.JPG  

Thanks DZ...i hope you get it together and make a blazing lazer!
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

We are waiting... Hopefully the resistors come tomorrow too!

-Adam

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dual-on.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	14365
    (picture is swamidog's not mine).
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Cool man! You'll love Pat's new module. SOOOO tiny. Make sure you use at least a 3 lens axiz or that LENS27.

Mine...

The kit is mounted and wired up, just need to throw some diodes in it. I'm amazed, for around $200 you can get this kit, a couple diodes and with a little bit of work end up with around 1/2W of 660nm red. Eventually I want to replace the diodes with the 642nm diodes, still, $200 for 1/2W red? I wish I could find the Lasorb's though, they seem to be sold out for red?

Make sure you use at least a 3 lens axiz or that LENS27.
    I'm not sure what kind of lenses they are, but I'm putting in a glass lens of some kind that has an AR coating for the red wavelength, hopefully they'll work fine.

Hopefully the resistors come tomorrow too!
    Thanks again, Adam!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00592.JPG  

DSC00591.JPG  

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

yeah. it's a great piece of kit and it's been a lot of fun to work on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dual-on-3.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	134.7 KB 
ID:	14370

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    Cool man! You'll love Pat's new module. SOOOO tiny. Make sure you use at least a 3 lens axiz or that LENS27.

Mine...

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Well it's been fun setting up this dual beam combiner. Certainly learned plenty about them. One thing learned is that the particular pbs cube used has a rather high loss. Currently I'm loosing about 35mW per diode, when the diodes are running about 275mW. I was able to get 480mW out of the cube with a diode current of 560mA. I know that running the diode at this current is going to kill it rather quickly, however, when under modulation, I kinda wonder how long it might last. So I'm going to leave it set for this and see what happens.

When on the projector, after hitting a reflect red dichro, I'm loosing 4.7%. On the reflect blue dichro I'm loosing 19.0%! Gonna need to find a new dichro I think!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00595.JPG  

DSC00597.JPG  

DSC00596.JPG  

may be we can get bridge to tweak his coatings a bit on the PBS cubes but for the price they are not bad...relatively... Looks good DZ, you dont waste any time getting her running...that was like 24 hours!
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

[QUOTE=DZ;135575]Well it's been fun setting up this dual beam combiner. Certainly learned plenty about them. One thing learned is that the particular pbs cube used has a rather high loss. Currently I'm loosing about 35mW per diode, when the diodes are running about 275mW. I was able to get 480mW out of the cube with a diode current of 560mA. I know that running the diode at this current is going to kill it rather quickly, however, when under modulation, I kinda wonder how long it might last. So I'm going to leave it set for this and see what happens.

Only on PL would someone complain about 7% loss. Just being sarcastic...

Remember the good ole days with ION dichros, before we had this nice newer vacuum tech? YOu'd be griping about 20-30% loss.

BEAMSHOTS??? Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post

Only on PL would someone complain about 7% loss. Just being sarcastic...
    Hmm, well, you are right, as usual! That's part of the reason I never wanted a power meter. As long as it looks good, who cares. Besides, I can have a 250mW projector look brighter than a 500mW projector, it's all BS unless you know the wavelenghts.

BEAMSHOTS??? Steve
    Hold your horses, they're coming! I'm at work at the moment so it'll be later.