Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reflection Holograms for Sale

Dear All, thanks for all your messages and for the requests for my holograms.

Talking pricing for a few moments, you will have noticed that my good pal Jem - we just live a few miles apart - caused me to doubt whether I was truly recovering all the cost of hologram manufacture - and with sharp pencil in hand it became clear that I was not.
    You will therefore see on my web site www.jmshome.demon.co.uk that with effect from now, I have increased the cost of my holograms to a figure I think I can live with

I have honoured however the firm requests already made before my change of mind and pms have already been sent

Loved the look at those microscope and telescope holograms - I must open up my latest editions of Saxby to see how they are made

BRgds to all

John

Hey John, PM sent.

Here is a link to the telescope holigram I have.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...26tbs%3Disch:1

Lazerjock

That link has some fantastic holograms on display - I guess my 'learning curve' is just beginning

BRgds
    John

With Mothers Day on Sunday I've just added the 1st of my themed holograms ... and the theme - - LOVE!

Please visit my 'Gallery of Holograms' on my web site:

www.jmshome.demon.co.uk

John, I received your holograms earlier in the week, and just had to report - they are excellent! The thistle really pops out and the elephant is amazingly razor sharp and detailed! Thank you for your decision to share your hobby with us so we can enjoy it, too.

Thanks for your kind words Andrew and I'm pleased that the holograms are to your liking

If you have a look at my 'Gallery of Holograms' on my website - I've added a new one today under the heading of 'Themes' - and with Mothers Day of Sunday, the theme is LOVE!

Log on to www.jmshome.demon.co.uk

BRgds

John

I've deleted this message as it is a repeat

Microscopes and telescopes are a somewhat common image in '80s holography. The best, but not first, hologram of the microscope with a magnified image in the eyepiece was done by Walter Spierings of Dutch Holographics Labs. It's 8x10". The best telescope was an 8x10" done by Greg Cherry at Cherry Optical, as linked above. There's a nice 8x10" hologram of a stereopticon made by Mike Tietel, but it was an "art" piece and probably only a few were made.

The sunlight baking probably turned the image green from its original yellow color, and might have made the plate a bit dimmer and foggier. If you like the image, no problem! Keep it out of the sun, and light it with an LED that best matches the color when reconstructed properly.

Default Most affordable handmade holograms ever.

You're mistaken, John, to think anyone has a profit margin in holographic art.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I've just bought a collection of 'Light Fantastic' holograms from the 1980's. Amongst these is a very large glass plate hologram of a printed circuit board with a magnifying glass in front of it. It's not easy to photograph but i'll try to get a picture.

Cheers

Jem

P.S., sorry John for treading on your thread.
    WOW - Jem, I used to visit the Light Fantastic show in the Trocadero in London back in the 80's - I lived in London from 85-87 It was just awesome! I know the printed circuit board hologram you speak of - I remember seeing it there! I can't believe you now own it.
    All the plasma balls they had there where awesome too.
    That was where I purchased that Skeletal hands hologram I was telling you about that unfortunatly got damaged
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!