Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Groupbuy?

Hello tocket

I will send you the trackingnumber by PM. Also i run out of blackallen bolts so i needed to order those. Your case is already packed so i will post them together with the one from synce.

Lorenzo here is de picture of dichromount upclose. The bigger screws are for pulling the mirror backwards and the small ones for pushing. Once the mirror is set in the right position you slowly thighten them one after another to set the mirror permantly in the right position.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1080552.JPG  

ok thanks... but the mirror is glued on the support?
    Lorenzo from Italy
    www.LF-entertainment.it

Yes i used two components glue. The best way is to use two mounts and get the screws out. Then lay them on there backs with the heads to eachother. just do a drop of glue on one of them and place half of the mirror on the one with the glue and the other half is carried by the other dichro. That way you have it perfectly flat

Got my modules in and had a I nice white beam a few hours later. I changed the layout internally from Edison's pics and will post pics when I'm done. Rather than point all modules forward, I pointed them to the side and am steering the combined beam with a mirror to better fine-tune the beam going into the scanners.

I made a huge mistake with some measurements after the change, however. Part of the problem was I have a 400mw 640 on loan until my 600 comes in, and there will be a significant size difference between the two. Another issue is that my green isn't firing at a perfect 90 degrees perpendicular to the module; it's actually a hair to the right. Also, I didn't allow space for the cables to be run, which I may correct by simply drilling holes for the cable to better accommodate the layout. As a result, I'm going to end up with a few extra holes in the table I will probably end up filling with epoxy or high-temp gasket sealer, but it's my first projector and really have no first-hand observations of such a device, so overall, the fact that I got it together and had an aligned beam in just a little over 4 hours was pretty amazing and a great learning experience for when I am ready for another projector.

Drilling time!
    Lorenzo from Italy
    www.LF-entertainment.it

Default Fan mounting

Hey guys,

Just wondering, are the fans on the bottom of the case intended to be mounted on the inside or the outside? Originally I was thinking inside, but it occurred to me that fans could be outside the case which would leave a little more clearance inside. The trade off is in durability I guess. Also there might be not enough room for intake if the projector is sitting on a table. My blue laser driver is 5cm tall and the clearance inside the case is 7cm. Adding a fan might make it pretty tight inside.

Since there are 3 fan holes, I am thinking 2 intake fans and 1 exhaust.

Nice progress on your projectors guys! I'll get some pics up before long.

Mike

PS. I'm loving this case.

Think you better use 2 exhaust and one intake (get a good airfilter), cooling is much better when you draw the air out of the case. (that's my experience with big ham radio amplifiers)

Nice to see you like the case, it is almost artwork

Cheers,
    Ferry

i think i will use 2 external fans... under the fans there are the PSU so i will cool them directly....
    the only bad thing is that the fan holes are 10x10cm... and i have only PC fans 8x8 and 12x12
    Lorenzo from Italy
    www.LF-entertainment.it

The holes are made for 92mm fans I have 3 left but i think shipment would be too expencive

Default positive/negative air

I've spend the last hour reading internet articles about positive and negative airflow. There are are a lot of conflicting opinions.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, i'll keep reading.

Mike