Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Groupbuy?

Thanks hobbybob

It is a realy nice case. It,s very light and because of the struth profiles the case is very strong and they give a nice look to it. Yesterday i finished my layout from the safetyboard so hopefully the electronic shop can make it today. To make it cheap as possible i decided not to powdercoat it (exept the baseplate) and also not to anodisize it. If you spraypaint it in heatresistive paint and afterwords bake it in an oven at 180 degrees for 45 minutes you get my Black finish that is pretty resistant to scrathes. The powersupplies that i use are these :

http://nl.farnell.com/jsp/search/pro...441237,1441238

to mount these boards is use plastic pins for that. I never use the powersupplies from the manufacturer because of the room they take in the projector. With 4 of these babies lining up you still have plenty of room to build the safety in from Gento. I hope that more laserist in the future will choose for some sort of safety board in their projectors.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1080355..JPG  

Where did you get those plastic pins from ? Skiffy ?
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Yes they are from skiffy. Its the model thats 6.0 mm high. I have plenty of these so if you need some let me know.

I also want to ask if anyone is interested in get the case anodisized. I sort of thought that because of the price no one would be interested but maybe i,m wrong. The price for anodisizing a complete case is 35 euro extra. 3 spraycans cost aproximaly the same i think.

So anyone wants their case anodisized let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    Yes they are from skiffy. Its the model thats 6.0 mm high. I have plenty of these so if you need some let me know.

I also want to ask if anyone is interested in get the case anodisized. I sort of thought that because of the price no one would be interested but maybe i,m wrong. The price for anodisizing a complete case is 35 euro extra. 3 spraycans cost aproximaly the same i think.

So anyone wants their case anodisized let me know.
    I would like mine anodized. I've been wanting your case for a while now. Nice work!

Can i also have my "older" cases anodized ?
    I mean, that i disassemble them and you anodize them ?
    And is that including the baseplate ?
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Anodisizing is a process where it doesn,t matter if you do 1 or 100 the price will be the same. I spoke to the company that will do mine so shoot me a pm and i will give you the link of the company. You can contact him and get your case anodisized.

Sweet case Edison! I really like the flared seams

According the FedEx, the shipping from Veenwouden to Seattle is 155 euros. For that price I'm probably better off having it built on this side of the globe...

I know next to nothing about metal fabrication. Did you design those plates in a CAD program or Sketchup or something?

Mike

155 euro.? I will check TNT post if i ship it with normal post to you. Blowfly i checked it and it is 57 euro for a package below 10kg. Couriers are always more expencive then normal post ;-)

So 57 euro,s blowfly.
    Last edited by edison; 02-23-2010 at 10:01.

Please check for my location also...

Fedex shipping ranges from 175 to 240 euro for my location. At that rate, I would have to reconsider. I did not anticipate it being that high.

Last edited by Synce; 02-23-2010 at 10:49.

shipiping to the united states is 57 euro,s
    to United kingdom 25 euro
    Sweden 25 euro

so not to bad. If anyone wants to get it anodisized let me know.