Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: Groupbuy?

For US folks, this place sells the 92mm fan filters for $1.49 which seems like a reasonable price: http://www.coolerguys.com/840556041214.html

They have have a bunch of fans. Most 92mm fans seem to be around 25mm thick.

See ya,
    Mike

generally.... if a fan is in lower position, i will use it for putting air inside, hot air is lighter than cold air and will flow automatically upper... so i think i will put 2 fans under the case

air enters in the case, pass trought psu and go uoutside from the holes in the side panels, what do you think?

and another thing... 99% of fans in the world is 12V DC, inside the case i dont have this psu... but i have 5V psu for laser (14A, laserwave said me no problem if i'll add two fans) what can i do?

Regards
    Lorenzo
    Lorenzo from Italy
    www.LF-entertainment.it

You can power them at 5v dc. I run them parrallel on my 5V/20 amps traco. When using 5v they run nice and quit. Just suck air in and blow it out to the sidepanels. That is how i designed the case.

quite projections
    Lorenzo from Italy
    www.LF-entertainment.it

I mounted the fans on the Edison case on the outside, all fans are blowing in.
    The reason i mounted outside is the space it saved me, my drivers are a little higher than edisons, so that's why.
    The airflow is in and out through the nice slots in the side :-)
    Since the airfilters restrict a lot of flow (but runnning without them will make a mess of the inside of your projector!), i chose to put in 3 x 92mm....
    Also the blue RGB lasersystems driver tends to run hot after a few hours of serious lasering ;-) So better cool it i thought ;-)

Wouldn't bother putting 2 blowing in, 1 sucking out or other way around since that will only cause whirlwinds in your case and disrupt optimal cooling.
    Just blow a lot of air in, it will find a way to get out ;-)
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

You did it right hobbybob. I designed the case like that with of course the help of SRS. If you blow in air and not suck it thrue the ventiltion gaps on the side then there is less chance of getting dust in. If you do it other way arround you suck dust thrue the ventilation gaps on the side. Also the fans should blow against the baseplate to cool it

Just picked up my package from the post office today. Can't wait to open it up. Thanks Edison.