Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RC heli's

I find it interesting how many laser enthusiasts have or have had rc hobbies, must be a certain aspect of personality type. I definitely agree on the sim time. Coming from a flying and gliding background, I assumed the controls would be rather similar. And for the most part I find the physics of rc flight to be very much the same, however the one major difference for the pilot is aspect ratio. RC flight and heli's in particular are imo much more difficult to master due to the constantly changing aspect ratio. I found clearview to be very nice sim for the price.

Here's my fleet :

Lama v3 - All upgraded as I broke the oem parts a few at a time hehe. This one I can actually fly to de-stress. I can take it out in the back yard with minimal setup and can surprisingly take a beating.

Honey Bee King 2 - This one's almost always awaiting repairs hehe. 3 hours in the shop for 10 minutes (if I'm lucky) of flight time.

Focus 400 fixed wing - 4 channel trainer, just picked it up not too long ago, had issues with the original battery. All fixed up now, but awaiting it's maiden flight.

Cybird P1 - Another difficult one to keep in one piece . Though various diy repairs work for awhile, currently has a broken wing. I'd like to build one with 2 axis analog tail feather control, I'd think that would fly much more realistically.

I have a Twister CP full collective which requires a new rotor mast after i inadvertantly slammed it into a wall. It strimmed the heads most of my other halfs flowers on it's way down as the blades were still spinning. At the time i told her a deer had probably come into the garden over night and eaten them. Since then i told her what really happened, so i've been banned from flying it near the house

I was reading the 'addon effects' thread the other night and thought how some people are using servos to control gratings, if you've got RC gear laying around, just bung a receiver and servo in the projector housing, with a poly grating.
    You now have instant RC laser effects, that you can dial in from wherever you are in the venue. Put it on a throttle channel or something not sprung loaded and it'll stay where you set it...
    Don't need to worry about wiring in a servo control board then, or working out how to control it down the wire.

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post

holy freaking WOW!
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

I have 2 Trex 450 sports. I started with one, but I needed a second so when I crash the first, I can keep on flying....until the second one goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    Our police are using these microdrones for drugs and riot intel duties. Amazing piece of kit.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2007...itish-polices/
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Well it one of these RC helis start peakin in my window i guess I have to get me one of these. This is how america will handle the british invasion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfa_Di26HM4
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Thumbs up I want!

Wow! That net-gun looks cool. $600 seems rather pricey though.

Still, there's no doubt it would take down an RC helicopter!

Adam

Hahahaha, yep, that would do it.

Then again, a shotgun would do a more permanent job.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.