Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone bought from eBay seller "pusch-electronics"

Default Anyone bought from eBay seller "pusch-electronics"

I wondered about the blue DPSS lasers, they seem to have many, but I've never seen a listing that actually sold one yet. Nor can I get any response to questions after sending three messages to the seller.

Just thought I'd drop a reminder here that Spec (forum host) has a couple blue DPSS lasers for sale (Lasever units) at very competitive prices...

Adam

I didn't think I'd need to post again in this thread, but I decided to buy a couple of Casix crystals (composite vanadate/KTP) from this seller, and I've asked daily for three days whether I can pay by sending euro banknotes via secure airmail to him, to avoid the extreme bank charges which for this auction would be nearly as much as I'm meant to pay the seller.

I can't get an answer out of him. Not even when I bid, and win. This guy has never answered ANY message from me, yet he has managed to get nearly a thousand feedbacks, most of them good. Also, most of them German. Can anyone help me? I think maybe he doesn't like English (or even English-speaking) people, and refuses to talk to them. It really IS the only explanation I can think of because the only words he says in English on his listing are SHOUTED RED LETTERS, three lines telling us not to cheat on customs declarations! I can't easily translate his HUGE terms and conditions list, because he deliberately made it uncopyable as text, so no online translator can use it.

If anyone is on good terms with him, and can get a response from him, please can you help me? I have no intention of sending cash to a man who won't respond to valid questions about payment methods made through the eBay messaging system. He can far more easily translate my messages than I can translate his terms and conditions, yet he will do nothing, it seems. He has a duty to respond to these messages, and without doing so, I can't be expected to send him cash, as there is no indication that I'd get any response of any kind. If someone is willing to mediate, please do, I'm trying to get through to him any way I can now.

Listing is here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=280074494174

PS. If anyone can explain how he can be a 'Top 1000 Reviewer' without apparently having written any reviews, please explain, I'm totally mystified about this.

Hmmm
    I don't know what it is with the germans they are very odd people to deal with on ebay. Its as if they do not want to be exposed to the slightest bit of inconvinience (read work) to sell thier goods. I had a very angry response to a question from a large german seller who was so put out I dared to ask about something he was selling and clearly told me that he did not have the time to answer questions - they more ofr less gave the impression that they felt they had no obligation to answer questions.
    He had about 4 pages of listings all with buy it nows and i came close to using buy it now on every one of his listings. He would have been more inconvinienced having to apply to claim the fees back and relist that lot! I know I would have been kicked off ebay but despite this I was very tempted.
    Like you say how can this guy trade to almost 1000 + feedback score when he won't talk to people. Maybe the new ebay feedback system that is coming out soon will help with people like this.

Rob

I am SO looking forward to this new eBay feedback system, it sounds like their best idea in years.

Re Germans and eBay, I've seen that pattern too, and it's true of some other sellers in nearby EU countries too. Fortunately there are exceptions. Florian Rotter is a laser seller in Germany, and he's great, very helpful, and takes time to think and answer fully. Takes Paypal too, which eases the strain.

In sci.electronics.components, there is a recurring discussion of the US and EU ways of handling payments/queries/databases/websites for electronics. The consensus is that the EU is VERY bad at managing these things, and needs to learn FAST from the US if it isn't to lose business. This is true even without the exchange rate's current assistance. Florian is a German who knows this, he hasn't got his head up some 50-year-old idea of border controls and documents, he's made an open effort to do things the way the rest of the world is doing them. I might ask his help on this actually, but I already owe him a favour.

Update:
    Nicolai Pusch answered my fourth message. He says it's ok to send cash by secure mail. Looks like things will work out ok. He says I should have asked first, and I answered saying I'd asked him about previous auctions during the listing duration and never received answers, and that I think he will understand that I had no choice but to bid, so he'd have to deal with me.

I haven't heard about E-bay's "New feedback system"...

A quick search of the site didn't turn up anything different from the way it's always worked in the past. So what is about to change? Do you have details about the new system? Just curious...

Adam

Ahhh... So it's only for the European E-bay sites then. Maybe if it works well they'll set the same thing up here on the American E-bay site.

Adam

Just following up, it worked out ok, I got two tiny composite crystals this morning in sealed packs. It will be a while before I'm ready to try using them though.