Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can we be friends???

Smile Can we be friends???

Hey Everyone,
    I signed up for one of these facebook accounts because you supposedly live in a cave if you don't have one.

Please add me to your friends list if you care to...

http://www.facebook.com/people/Adam-Bourassa/1076588156

Thanks!
    Adam

before you do you should see this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tntv6LzpG0k
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

I'm not on Facebook... and never will be...
    Thanks for the Video link Pat... whether that is propaganda or not
    is irrelevant... IMO I just don't need my private life in the hands of
    strangers...

Three days ago... I got a Facebook friend request from a Scamming Douchebag
    that was banned on LPF a year ago for ripping people off..
    Looking at his friend's photos... I see one of my female friend's photos...
    She had no clue as to who this Scumbag was... but decided to click YES to his
    request...

In my opinion... it is like leaving your front door open to the general public...
    That's not for me...

No offense intended Adam...

Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

right on jerry, and yes no offense to adam, i'll talk to adam via PL (until i get banned).

i have a real problem with the matrix, RFID chips and so forth...im sure i have already been tagged but im not going to make it easy.

on another topic faceb@@k has agreed to open a HUGE fiber facility here in Priveville, huge tax incentives, great deal on land...and are going to only employ 30 people...big deal...the computers are replacing people.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Wink

Sorry Adam; I'll stay in the cave just down the mountain from Jerry and Pat.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Sorry Adam; I'll stay in the cave just down the mountain from Jerry and Pat.
    Me too -

Besides, I already have the tracker chip they implanted in my brain while I worked for Uncle...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

I signed up for an FB account about 6 months ago. It was interesting at first, to see how networks of people fan out, etc.. but then I soon realized that I really don't care what some dude I knew in high school had for breakfast, that my friend's wife's aunt is in town, and so on. If I were to do it again I would throttle wayyy back on the "be friends with everybody" part. Definitely a good idea to limit contributions based on Pat's link too.
    -Mike

Default Fine!!!.... Don't be my friend.

No problem guys. I understand your concerns. It's not like I'm putting anything out there that's not already on PL. Just pictures, videos and a "little" info about me. I wouldn't dare put any fine detail about me or my day to day life. I'm just trying to network a little and meet people which is near impossible to do here in Wisconsin unless you like going to bars and ice fishing. I'm aware that these sites are created for the purpose of data mining but it's also an an avenue to meet people. I'll take my chances for now.

I'll be you friend. Besides, I never post pictures of my pot patch.

Most likely because I don't have a pot patch.

Basically, don't put anything on the system you wouldn't want your mother/wife/husband/government to know about. Keep it basic and focused. I've come across some of my long lost military friends on facebook and use the chat feature to connect often. Never accept a friends request from someone you don't know. It's that simple. I never use any of the applications that are available mainly because they are written by third parties.

I'm not too concerned about government access to my information. They already have it as I served in the military and held a Top Secret SSBI/ESI clearance. They know more about me than my family, lol.

Here's a scary tidbit. I applied as a systems sale engineer to a software company about 8 years ago. They had developed a software application designed by software engineers and linguists that scanned written and internet text and understood what it read...even the context of the communication. It was amazing. The goal of the software was to identify via any written communications anyone who had the potential to attack the United States. They were attempting to remove the bottle neck in the intelligence community created by humans having to read and understand huge volumes of text from all over the world. It would read newspapers, transcripts, chat logs, websites, anything written, understand the communications, collate and link related communications and flag for followup anything it decided needed human action. Needless to say, the CIA and other intel organizations were very interested in the software and in the 8 years since is probably several orders of magnitude better than what I was privy to. The software I saw blew me away. I can only imagine what it's capable of now. Unfortunately, I did not get the job as I did not have enough programming experience but it would have been one heck of a ride and I'm sure I wouldn't be able to speak about it to you today.
    The Frothy Chimp
    Cynic Extraordinaire
    Back off man, I'm a scientist

Good whiskey, fine cigars, long legged women and blues guitar.
    That's what I like.

The strong shall stand, the weak shall fall by the wayside.