Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: LaserCam: A brand new live webcam to laser projection application

Thanks David, that is an excellent list of tips for how to use lasercam.

It would be nice if Dr. Lava included it in a version of LSX (maybe he does?) and then with ILDA SOS, LSX and lasercam along with a decent RIYA DAC it would be a pretty good package.

Right now, I'd mostly like lasercam and a DAC I think, but I may have to pony up. It seems like there is a lot of video out there that would be suitable for laser shows - especially with a little clean-up.

Thanks to everyone for the help.

Tom

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

it's included in some LSX/DAC packages: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LSX-EtherDre...item2ec09bd51e

Quote Originally Posted by tsteele93 View Post
    Thanks David, that is an excellent list of tips for how to use lasercam.

It would be nice if Dr. Lava included it in a version of LSX (maybe he does?) and then with ILDA SOS, LSX and lasercam along with a decent RIYA DAC it would be a pretty good package.

Right now, I'd mostly like lasercam and a DAC I think, but I may have to pony up. It seems like there is a lot of video out there that would be suitable for laser shows - especially with a little clean-up.

Thanks to everyone for the help.

Tom
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Hi, am new to this forum and am looking to use some type of live webcam to laser projector and wondered if Lasercam will work with Phoenix Live4? If not what are the cheapest most effective option for a self funded project I am working on.

Many thanks

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

AFAIK, no, Lasercam won't work with Phoenix. There is no SDK for this hardware publicly available. This probably won't change anytime soon as they have recently been taken over by Pangolin, and they don't like other programs use their hardware either.
    I don't know of Pangolin/Phoenix programs that can do real time tracing from a webcam, other people might chime in and give a more definite answer.

If you want to use Lasercam however, you will need another DAC. There are lots of them that will work with this and other drlava programs (such as LSX or Ild Sôs). The most notorious examples are the Easylase, the Etherdream, the Riya family and Pangolin's QM2k boards.
    The Riya Lite would be the cheapest (except for unreliable converted sound card DACs), but in my opinion the one with the best price/quality ratio is the Etherdream. This DAC works over ethernet so you're not really limited in cable length. It also has OSC control and a DMX addon board.

As soon as a SDK is released for the Phoeniz DACs or the FB-3 DACs, they will be supported. Till then, users of these DACs will need to export their LaserCam recordings to ILDA and then import that into their player software for these DACs.

The makers of the following DACs are friendly to 3rd party developers by releasing SDKs, and so LaserCam and ILD SOS can support live output:

RIYA (Multibus, Micro, Lite, Basic, Pro, PCI Pro, 3-in-one)
    EasyLase (I,II)
    NetLase
    Mamba
    Moncha (Moncha USB, Moncha .NET, Fiesta)
    EtherDream
    OLSD DACs
    Lumax

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    As soon as a SDK is released for the Phoeniz DACs or the FB-3 DACs, they will be supported. Till then, users of these DACs will need to export their LaserCam recordings to ILDA and then import that into their player software for these DACs.

The makers of the following DACs are friendly to 3rd party developers by releasing SDKs, and so LaserCam and ILD SOS can support live output:

RIYA (Multibus, Micro, Lite, Basic, Pro, PCI Pro, 3-in-one)
    EasyLase (I,II)
    NetLase
    Mamba
    Moncha (Moncha USB, Moncha .NET, Fiesta)
    EtherDream
    OLSD DACs
    Lumax
    Thank you for the info, and thank you colouredmirrorball, as i haven't bought a DAC yet, i will look into these options, I liked the fact the Phoenix Live4 came with loads of pre-programmed animations to get me started though. As well as a few extra options that could be fun to use, i.e. sms to laser and basic flash animation to laser.

Hello
    I have made 3 orders: ILD SOS, LaserCam and RIYA Multibus Pro
    But I have not received activation keys and track number of shipment yet...

P.S. My email is "biiios9999@gmail.com"

Default Ode to Photonlexicon ILDA

...Just got my license, here is a simple Ode to Photonlexicon. Created with LaserCam Pro and optimized with ILDSOS. Have not projected it yet as I'm still at work but by looking at the point count the frames should be clear.

Having a bit of trouble with images and video, the contrast does have to be sharp for edge detection. This tool is going to be fun !

-Jason
    Attached Files Attached Files

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Thanks for sharing, here's my latest lasercam project:

http://youtu.be/emqCtiAuBWY

Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    ...Just got my license, here is a simple Ode to Photonlexicon. Created with LaserCam Pro and optimized with
    ILDSOS. Have not projected it yet as I'm still at work but by looking at the point count the frames should be clear.

Having a bit of trouble with images and video, the contrast does have to be sharp for edge detection. This tool is going to be fun !

-Jason

Thanks for sharing Jason
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps