Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: LaserCam: A brand new live webcam to laser projection application

is it possible to switch between various webcam sources? i mean i have one integrated webcam and one usb removable webcam and one virtual webcam from manycam and i'd like to switch the inputs so once i'm showing the image from webcamera and then i switch to manycam source displaying some image?

Default LaserCam update to 1.1.5 emailed

Hi everyone, I have sent an email containing a free update to LaserCam 1.1.5. If you have not received this and are a user please check your spam folder then email me. This is an important update that includes the following changes:

Added camera selection dialog allows you to select and switch between cameras
    Added low CPU processing mode for single core machines and older laptops
    Added colorization sampling option that colors the output based on image colors
    Changed settings storage so that unique settings are remembered specific to processing mode
    Added 1394 firewire camera capability (DCAM/IIDC standard)
    Other changes I forgot already..

Licensing for new users can be tied to your RIYA or QM2000 cards instead of your computer

Enjoy and please email me with your feedback/suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    Hi everyone, I have sent an email containing a free update to LaserCam 1.1.5. If you have not received this and are a user please check your spam folder then email me. This is an important update that includes the following changes:

Added camera selection dialog allows you to select and switch between cameras
    Added low CPU processing mode for single core machines and older laptops
    Added colorization sampling option that colors the output based on image colors
    Changed settings storage so that unique settings are remembered specific to processing mode
    Added 1394 firewire camera capability (DCAM/IIDC standard)
    Other changes I forgot already..

Licensing for new users can be tied to your RIYA or QM2000 cards instead of your computer

Enjoy and please email me with your feedback/suggestions!
    Hey, Andrew. ;-)

I've got an update this morning, thanks)

I wonder if you plan to make lasercam work with mamba DAC and Norm's FSX 2.0?

BILL (Pangolin) Please release the API for your FB3 controller so that all the users of this software can use it with your DAC's - please
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Got the update, thank you.

Cheers
    Rich

Got me a copy of this yesterday - not had time to play much but first impressions are very good.
    Top job Andrew plus tip top support with the minor issue I had - snappy response and quick soloution is the best!
    Many thanks

ROb
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Got mine thanks.

BILL (Pangolin) Please release the API for your FB3 controller so that all the users of this software can use it with your DAC's - please
    Sounds like we'll probably just have to wait a bit and we'll get something similar in QS natively - shame because I'd love to be getting Asteroids for my FB3 too.

I'm seriously considering another DAC just because of this which is a bummer, because I'd also love a second FB3 and can't afford both...

Default lasercam pro crashes and which webcam to use for good results

just bought the pro version

First:
    strangely it does not work correctly on my notebook with windows 7, sometimes it starts up so i got to sent the license request but now it terminates every time i start it up. Windows 7 reports it is not responding and ends the program. Rebooted, disabled uac and so, tried compatibility mode, reinstalled with repair option but no luck, asked andrew to take a look, perhpas there is some logging to see where it goes wrong.

second:
    installed it on my windows 7 netbook and here it runs fine, waiting for the activation key.

third:
    installed my old webcams but none of them seem to work with windows 7 anymore, can you please post your results (satisfied or not) and type of brand/products that you are using so i can buy me a good one tomorrow

Thank you for your report michelrietveld. For future reference, the fastest way to register reports with me is via PM or email where they go directly into my inbox.
    1) You are testing a new easylase 2 dll with lasercam, a setup that hasn't been tested before. Although claims are that the new dll should drop in and work, life isn't always so perfect. Try renaming the extension of the vendor-supplied DAC driver dlls RiyaNetServer.dll, StclDevices.dll, and easylase.dll to .dlo in the drivers folder of lasercam one by one and note at which one if any the problem goes away. If none of these fix it, go to your graphics card vendor website and download and install the latest graphics drivers for your system.
    2) Because it works on your netbook also with windows 7, this makes me think the issue may be graphics driver related on your other machine. LaserCam uses openGL graphics acceleration and while on XP driver developers have had time to make this work close to perfectly, they may have not had enough time yet to iron out the bugs in windows 7.
    3) Here you are running into one of the many reasons why XP is still so popular. Things just work on it, while Vista and 7 have been a mixed bag with driver compatibility. Finding a new win-7 webcam shouldn't be too difficult, just be sure its drivers are still directShow compatible (they should be).