Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: LaserCam: A brand new live webcam to laser projection application

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    Hi Bill, correct me if I'm wrong but after looking into it there appear to be some important differences between VST and LaserCam - the videos I posted highlight them well. SoftColor instensity shading based on image information, Color Ripple interactive colorization are two unique innovations of LaserCam that can improve the experience dramatically. Not to mention a few under the hood that improve tracing quality.

Steve, thanks for posting that, I did test it and its artificial webcam is recognized and used by LaserCam. Andy_Con, I'll send an email to the maker of your other DACs requesting the means to incorporate them, but it may take a while.
    many thanks ill speak to them later as well
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    Hi Bill, correct me if I'm wrong but after looking into it there appear to be some important differences between VST and LaserCam - the videos I posted highlight them well. SoftColor instensity shading based on image information, Color Ripple interactive colorization are two unique innovations of LaserCam that can improve the experience dramatically. Not to mention a few under the hood that improve tracing quality.
    I will grant you color ripple is not in the present version of VST, but QS has that and, if we incorporate this into QS then it will be an automatic feature.

As for soft-color, this is built into LD2000 (has been since, ummm.... 2000). It has worked its way into a varity of programs, in one form or another...

Bill

Also, if you have the need (such as FB3-only owners) you can run this without any DAC and use the Record to ILDA File feature, then load those files into your playback soft.
    Excellent feature for an excellent application!

Virtual webcam: good add-on, mixedgas!

3 dacs and it doesnt work on any of them, that sucks....

i wana buy/use this software
    Sounds like somebody needs to get some sound... Get one of those cheap USB soundcards and a correction amp. drlava, do you still offer a correction amp kit?

Hey Andrew, That is outstanding! I was wondering what you had cooking lately Great job! The output in the videos sure looks nice and clean. Great job by your volunteer dance model too!
    -Mike

I tried LaserCam last night and this software is incredable!!
    I'm still learning what all of the features are, but so far it's wild.

Lazerjock

Hey drlava, nice job! The ripple is a very cool feature.

Bought it yesterday. Have tried it with Webcam Max (a webcam emulator) works perfectly.
    Also the software buying part, receiving a key is a flawless and quick process with Dr Lava.
    Thanks, will try it some more this weekend.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    I will grant you color ripple is not in the present version of VST, but QS has that and, if we incorporate this into QS then it will be an automatic feature.

As for soft-color, this is built into LD2000 (has been since, ummm.... 2000). It has worked its way into a varity of programs, in one form or another...

Bill
    I won't belabor the specifics but the features that you are equating these things to are not the same. I welcome users of VST (edit: or any other tool) to relate their experiences in comparison to what has been shown here. Feedback is great and the path to moving forward.

Thanks, everyone for your support! This is for you
    Last edited by drlava; 03-06-2010 at 07:02.

Default Nice Tool.

Hi, What is the interface to the easylas or Mamba input? I do want this for club use and weddings. Tell us more about it if you can, Thanks John H

Quote Originally Posted by santanas View Post
    Hi, What is the interface to the easylas or Mamba input? I do want this for club use and weddings. Tell us more about it if you can, Thanks John H
    Hi, this software can send frames directly to your easylase card for projection. Also you can save *.ild files for playback in Mamba.
    Here is a screenshot of the DAC selector:

Hope that answers your question!