Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Increase site traffic...

Well , the next time I list a laser related item on eBay , I will put the link here in my auction.
    I have attracted many members to my yahoo group (unrelated) this way .

I believe that if members within this forum post this forum's link within their auction , this forum's member count will increase dramatically.

I found this forum by chance via a communication with an ebay member and If I had not contacted this member I would never have found this forum.

Glad I found it , This forum is great !

just my 2 cents

Hi yo all, i've drifted in from Candlepower forum.

Heard things were a little cooler and more relaxed around here.

So whats up?

I'll transfer my most posting thread from there to here. Haha at least i can use out door photos here. An out door photo used in my posting at candlepower was removed
    Chat at www.laserpointerforums.com and here
    Read the news at www.theage.com.au
    Shop at www.dragonlasers.com

Welcome aboard: gift shop is on the right, on staff optician to the left.

This ship runs a bit differently than CPF of LC. Mainly: Very loose moderation. We figure that if you found this place and can hold an intelligent conversation we don't have to use the clue-bat. Thats not to say that we wont use the clue-bat though.

Information abounds here. The collective "we" here have spent countless dollars and man hours making neat things from nothing. Thats pretty bitchin' in my book, though we have yet to create our own mobile space laser to hold ransom a small country for the sole purpose of funding an even larger laser to hold the world ransom... *sigh* Theres always next week...

Damn expensive YAG bricks, who would have thought a couple dozen YAG rocks the size of a commercial refrigerator would cost a couple hundred million dollars each, and to add insult to injury the sun has not yet signed the agreement to collimate its near infra-red output and focus it on the first of thirty eight optical amplifiers, some crap about the laws of physics and the local nuclear fusion union... but I digress.

About outdoor pictures... I never really understood that about CPF... There are DMX controlled stage lights that are more eye/skin dangerous than lasers out there, hell some of the lights I've seen there like the military carbon-arc lamps makes most lasers feel wholly inadequate and pale in comparison.

All joking aside: Pointers are not that big here. We tend to focus on the application aspects, like individual diodes in optical cavity design, laser shows, and the hardware to control these things.

Theres a lot of neat stuff you can do with lasers, so have a look around: you might be as surprised as I am with some of the stuff people here have come up with.

Spec;

That post brought a smile to my face... And at 9 AM on a weekend, before I've had my first cup of coffee no less! (Trust me, *that* is saying something!)

And every time I hear the phrase "Clue Bat", I have to chuckle. Fortunately we haven't seen the Clue Bat in a while. (Except for the lame-ass spam bots, but that's another issue.)

Adam

For the longest time I used the phrase "Clue-by-four" exclusively.

It evokes wonderful imagery of a plained piece of lumber... I think that being swung around my head would cause me to double check my error faster than a louisville slugger any day.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We need one of those at work. :twisted:

Oh My GOD!!! "Clue by four!"

That is absolutely priceless dude! Priceless!

Where the hell did you find the .gif? (Man, that would make a cool T-shirt!)

Adam

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I had to print one, a lil larger, and hang it in my cube...

Good idea, allthat! I think I'll print one out and hang it up too.

Adam

i can put a link on my site if someone can photoshop something(banner or similar) for me. its only been up ~1month but my shop already has 1100 hits...
    http://modwerx.com

Modwerx stocks several components, accessories, and tools for the laser hobbyist and professionals!

Always remember to keep it safe and sane by practicing proper laser safety whether your into pointers or laser shows!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_safety