Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Laser Ben

Quote Originally Posted by heruursciences View Post
    Based on the numerous threads, there is a reasonable doubt that you are possibly shipping damaged lasers knowingly, poorly packed, to claim shipping damage to make a fast buck or commit insurance fraud. At least all the people that bashed me got their money back. Your deal went bad for whatever reason, I challenge you to make it right.
    I have offered several solutions to Andres, all of which have been declined. I have told him that I am not going to take his deal of refunding $3500, letting him repair it, and if he can, getting $1000 back. He has a couple options:

1. File claim on the insurance on the package
    2. Return the laser to me to allow me to see if it is repairable
    3. Repair it himself
    4. Sell it and make back the money
    5. A combo of the above
    6. Return everything in the current condition to me for a 50% refund (not including the shipping)

I have added option 6 because I am not going to shell out $4600 to get back a damaged laser when he refuses to file an insurance claim. I will pay $2200 for the parts back in the same condition that they are in now. That means the head is intact (all parts are there), all the electronics are working, and all the other small parts are there.

If this works for you andres, please reply to an email or PM sometime...
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Wow! A lot of Ben bashing going on in here. For what it's worth I have spent a decent amount of money with Ben and not had any problems.

I am sure that everyone bitching is prefect themselves. Jeeze..

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Here's my thing:

I'm not presently involved in any transactions with Ben, BUT I've seen a lot of questionable occurrences happen to quite a few others who have done business with him. Given the number of issues, I can't see how they could all be caused by freak accidents, crazy customs agents or postal screwups.. I'm just saying the odds are against it. IF Ben is scamming people then it's everyone's duty to help put the word out. I don't know about everyone else here, but I've got no use for dishonest people and I don't feel that anyone who is proven to be dishonest, either directly or by running out of excuses, has any place doing business.

Ok, last post I am going to make on this subject.

I have interacted with ben enough to know he is a punk kid but I don't sence malice from him. He sells a LOT of stuff and some time things can go south. I have also had deals in My life go south with customers. I know how, first hand, customers can be problematic even when I have the best of intentions and bend over backwards to acomadate.

Now if ther is proof of malace intent string him up. But i dont see it. Remember he sells probally hundreds of fragile tweaky high tec things a year to people of varying technical abilities and expectations.

I have had had shipping destroy plenty of things, and i wasn't going international.

Ben: get a deal worked out. And be done with it, and move on. Stop posting in this thread. All it does is provide drama, and we know how people love drama.

Everyone else ( myself included ) stfu and let the parties sort it out.

$.02

Chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

If I send someone money I expect to receive what I paid for or a full refund. Part of the service in selling is shipping the item to the customer. The transaction isn't over until it is received and in good status. A seller that ships uninsured and can't cover the cost of the items when it shows up broken is negligent, in my opinion. Negligence doesn't imply malice. Perhaps incompetence. Blaming the problem on shipping or customs is a just an excuse for not having the sense to avoid the problem. I'm fairly certain that the intent of the buyer accepting a lower insured value was in good faith that the seller would know what the heck he was doing in packaging the item and being able to document so that it would get through customs without being destroyed. That good faith was shattered, apparently. If i am Judge Judy I am siding with the buyer. None of the options (1-6) listed above seem acceptable to me.

Yeah.. it's never just that simple. It's always some long-winded story about how some crazy stuff happened somewhere and now you're just screwed. GREAT customer service there.. Just look at post #41. Nowhere does it say anything about returning the damaged merchandise for a full refund, which is the only proper action. It's all about trying to make sure that he, the seller, gets the best end of the deal. Screw the customer.. Or at least that what I get out of posts 22, 25, 27 and 41.

To the customer, there is absolutely no difference between incompetence, stupidity or malice.
    Last edited by ElektroFreak; 07-01-2010 at 12:11.

Smile another deal-perfect

I just bought a laser from Ben. Good deal. Perfect laser. Good packing. Thabks Ben!
    Phil Bergeron( AKA 142laser)

How to Use this Tool ?

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

The only tool here is you.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK