Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Laser Ben

Thumbs up Laser Ben

Hey Guys,

Just to let you all know that I bought something from Ben which went missing in the post. Not Ben's fault, blame ParcelFarce!

Anyway, we got something worked out which meant that neither of us completely lost out, his attitude was great and he mainted a level head throughout.

Just incase anyone is thinking about buying from him and they have heard any bad stories about previous deals.

Thanks to Ben

Cool Give Ben a chance

Laser Ben is OK. He is young and eager; give him a chance. Phil, 142laser
    Phil Bergeron( AKA 142laser)

Smile laser fine

I got a Coherent sapphire from laserben. Perfect. professionally packed. Well labled. Good deal. Ben is OK.
    Phil Bergeron( AKA 142laser)

Angry Receiving OPSL Head

After a long time I received today the OPSL Head from LaserBen.

I was thinking it will be a good day...

I opened the packet, good packing.
    As I turned the OPSL, I hear something of noise inside.
    Ahh Damn !! I supposed shipping damage.

At first i noticed that not all screw from the top of the head are thighten.

I opened the OPSL-Head under the cleanbench in clean-air condition, unexpected found two screws free lying in the head!!

I / We? had luck thats the optics are not scratched, but works the head?

After that i saw two wires where damaged by the edges from the top.

At least i saw that two screws are missing and two screws aren't thighten in the head...

And I'm missing these items:

- Coherent shutter unit for laser head
    - Mirror (maybe get lost on customs)
    - High current 24VDC power supply
    - High current 5VDC power supply
    - Paper copy of Coherent test data sheet
    - 2 Alu rods for mounting the head on the heatsink
    - Cable Diode driver -> Laser Head
    - a bag of Screws

Not answered questions:

- Why lying two screws free in the head? That the optics get damaged?
    - Have you a picture from measuring the OPSL with 7W?

At least the LBO that came together is chipped... not useable
    Ok, I don't must pay for it.

(Sorry for my bad english...)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0868.jpg  

DSC_0888.jpg  

DSC_0867.jpg  

DSC_0878.jpg  

DSC_0897.jpg  

DSC_0899 not sharp.JPG  

ebay Coherent Taipan 532nm 8W OPSL.pdf  

Last edited by andres; 07-07-2010 at 12:50.

Sorry to hear this andres! Was this the OPSL from ebay? If yes and you have used paypal I would suggest to use the buyers protection if Ben does not respond within some days.
    I was suspicious about this head from the start because I asked for Beamshots and Ben said to provide some and never did. Come one you have such a laser and not a single pic of it in action?
    For me this looks like a typical Ben deal, which makes all this "Give him a chance" just a joke, sorry.

Andreas

Hey Andres-

I am in no way siding with Ben, i am just asking a couple questions so that we can see the terms of the sale in question...

1- were these items that you are missing, described in the original auction as included in the sale?
    Did Ben's ad specifically say, "the following items are also included in this sale/auction {insert missing itmes here}"

Some of these items seem like obvious parts of a sale, but if the item you are purchasing is "used" some of these may not be included unless *specifically* stated as included. Again, i am *NOT* saying you are wrong, i am quite simply just asking.

2- Was the shipment insured? if so, i would immediately place a claim for damge. With something of this value, i would sincerely hope that you both agreed for insurance! i would bet the farm that the loose screws you are describing got this way in shipment.

hopefully ben will chime in here and shed some light (no pun intended) on this situation.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post

hopefully ben will chime in here and shed some light (no pun intended) on this situation.

-Marc
    This I hope as well. My reply was a bit provocative, but it is hard to blieve for me that an LBO in a gel pack gets chipped during shipping also that screws go loose in shipping.

Andreas

Quote Originally Posted by andythemechanic View Post
    This I hope as well. My reply was a bit provocative, but it is hard to blieve for me that an LBO in a gel pack gets chipped during shipping also that screws go loose in shipping.

Andreas
    andreas, you have to be VERY careful...those gel packs are NOTORIOUS of chipping crystals <sarcasm>
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

I would open up a paypal dispute

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    andreas, you have to be VERY careful...those gel packs are NOTORIOUS of chipping crystals <sarcasm>
    well duh, he forgot to use the non-abrasive pointy gel lol

I am going to try any avoid posting here as much as possible as I know it will turn into a bash of useless comments. I am talking back and forth and Andres over email and PM.

Marc, at this moment is seems as though there may be some items missing from customs, we need to figure this out. I am sure the shutter, and collimation lens was included with the second box, however he didn't seem to get it, there also seems to be a mirror which was not in the box, but was sent (and I am owed payment for). However, all of the manuals and documentation have been sent to him via email.

The system was sent in two boxes, first was insured for $500. The other one (with head, temp controls, electronics, etc...), I took to the post office to have it insured for the full $4600, however they informed me that Switzerland only allows insurance to $650. I asked Andres and he approved of shipping with lower insurance if I packed it very well. It was packed inside a antistatic plastic case with bubble wrap all around the outside.

As for the issue with the laser, I am at a little loss of words as to why it would be taken apart when he got it. It was fully together and aligned after having the diode replaced. All of the bolts were snug (not super tight, messes up alignment), just as they were when I opened it for the first time.

This thread was posted before I was contacted with a chance to respond. Again, I am going to refrain from posting here, and I would appreciate if people would refrain from posting assumptions until Andres and I have a chance to figure this out.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)