Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Effects we did for a Eurovision 2010 finals in Romania

Who do you think you are to demand another company to prove what and how they are working. Are you our client? NO, did you have anything to do with it? NO.

We show our videos for the benefit of others to see what can be done so if you question what we do that's you choice but don't expect answers because we are not accountable to you no matter how many words come from your brain.

Your such a knowledgeable one on the subject, lets see some of expert creations to show your worthy to even comment. Go on let's see something.

Default Jesus christ!!

Guys.. this forum is called Photonlexicon for a reason: i.e. to discuss photons, not bitch at each others about their safety measures and whatever other wannabe laser-police want to troll about.

I'm sure more than adequate safety measures were put in place, especially with such a reputable laser company as Andy's as well as it being on TV.

Can't we just APPRECIATE a god damn video any more!?!

Great effects Andy, simple but very effective

Nice show. Definately.

However, I'm just very curious how you've managed to protect the camera's for the laserbeams. There's at least one camera crane flying above the set that will absolutely get hit by beams during the mirror-ball part.

I have to agree with Bart, hitting audience (clearly visible) on a 12-15m distance direct from 8W OPSL on paper (10W real output) with a dotted frame like the fingers is, even with 20% intensity using a beam attenutation map, quite strange.

this thread is a perfect example of why people dont post actual shows they do on this forum.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Ho Hum... Here we go again...

This is exactly what I was trying to avoid when I made my post above. PLEEEEEEESE guys, let's all just chill out, relax and watch the video.

As I said... Peace!

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Well, what's the freaking effort to just simply post the following:

• We did use specific attenuation maps for all projectors.
    • We did use diverging optics when needed.
    • We did use scanfail brand X.
    • We did do mpe calculus and measurements, and as expected they where within 10 mpe.
      Therefore our show was safe, now go home smart-ass !!

But no, that professional answer would be to much effort, would it ?
    It's a simple answer to a simple question.
    Then somehow, I have to be reputational to even dare to question how safety was accomplished.
    That raises my eyebrow to say the least.

Now back again to the subject how magnificently inovative these fans and beams on these mirrorballs look.

bart,

if you want information on how to do a safe laser show then make a post asking.

how others conduct their shows is up to them not you. if others do something wrong then thats there problem not yours and they will have to deal with their actions.

say andy posts all the information you demand, are you then going to turn round and say he did it wrong and doesnt know what hes doing.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Maybe next time instead of just posting a video of the laser show, you should add a detailed documentary video on how you designed, setup and performed a great laser show. LOL

Andy F

Well done terrific effects , you should rightly be proud of your creation , my own view when i looked at the video was wow must have taken a lot of work to have made that safe , rather than presuming it was unsafe , knowing your a proffesional and ILDA member i realised you would neither risk the reputation of the ILDA , your OWN COMPANY or your insurance policy or put anyone at risk in the audiance or risk damaging very expensive cameras .... also realising being a high profile event I realise there would be a lot more people in the background than there would be number of artisits and i would imagine you went through the health and safety grill and likely spent more time doing the H&S paperwork and liaseing than you did Lasing !

I think bart should also realised this if he works proffesionally , you dont jut pull up and plug in in a show like this , im not sure if there ongoing bad blood between you two but as professionals you should realise that a public forum is not the place to air it

There is a small danger if people look at videos the due to camera angles / exposure etc look usafe and they think well that must be ok then ..... that they might copy .... it might have been helpful , thinking of the masses if you had stated a small overidder deatiling that "no worries " this was all done in a safe manner".

Bart , having done some proffesional shows i can assure you the H&S people dont take answers li
    ghtly they can really grill you on things , with risk assessments , method statements , questions back and forward it can take a lot of time , the last thing needed is to go through all that again on a forum , being questioned on EVERY DETAIL , by your own admission you want it PROVED to you that somethings safe , well when you are paying the cash for the event that entitles you , here ... NO , you both dealt with things with a bit of an attitude , possibly because of previous run ins , please both respect each other on a proffesional manner , andy does not have to explain anything , and does so out the goodness of his soul if he does

Andy please do continue showing us the great work and shows your involved in , its very inspiring

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Again, I like the show. Looks good. I'm just VERY curious how you managed to protect the camera's against (direct or indirect) laser beams. I have done lasershows for Television myself and I know what problems you can expect especially when there's one or more moving camera's (crane/dolly/steadycam)! So again, I'm just curious.