Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scanner: USB controller here

hi there

I have the USB easylase, and I run it with Mamba Black (mediaLas)
    And Mamba black is a PROFESSIONAL software, and so far with NO BUGS

(other mamba users is wanted to trade shows)

But USB easylase dont work with Popelscan (i dunno why)

What can I say, USB easylase is a GREAT DAC with no hotspots (like my LPT dac)
    And the sweet thing is that you can use 4 USB DAC scanners togheter running from Mamba Black at the same time

here is a pic.

and the result is great:

And the software is easy to use:

I just realised I had just made my first post .... although i have been lurking here for nearly a year ...... So i better introduce myself ....

So ...... Hello To Everybody here .....

Im Karl from Banthai Lasers in the UK

I have been involved with lasers on and off for the last 20 odd years ....
    But 3 years ago decided to Build a new Laser Rig to take on tour with a Band

Like Liteglow ....i have been using the Mamba Black software

Of which i have been very impressed with .....

I downloaded the latest version from Medialase a few weeks back and pleased to find that the LIVE PLAYER feature has been enhanced even more
    I am using a midi keyboard to control live shows with ILD files asigned to each key...... But the latest version allows you to asign the pitchbend / thumwheel and expresion controls to the effect modulation ..... which adds so much extra control to live shows ......

Whilst at the ILDA conference a few weeks back ... i spoke to Dirk from Medialas and he told me that the VST ( Video Tracing ) feature will be back in Mamba Black soon ( they are currently testing and debugging ) and more than likely be launched at the Frankfurt Show.

Like the Pangolin software..... the Mamba seems to be well supported und regulary updated .... which is good

all the best ......... KARL ( Banthai lasers UK )

Quote Originally Posted by eric343
    Don't you need to buy the Pangolin software in order to create shows for the Flashback 3?

The problem I have with Pangolin's products is the PRICE

The one exception is LSD 1000. I even bought an Amiga 2000 so that I could play with it, but it's been such a royal pain getting that to work that I more or less gave up and built the bILDA DAC and switched to HE Laserscan.
    Hey Eric,

Here are some screenshots of SAMBA, the utility software included free with the FB3

KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Cool. From the screenshots-- given my student+hobbyist budget and assuming I had hardware that worked with it, I'd happily pay $50 for it. (which probably explains why I haven't bought any laser software yet!)

It looks simple and easy to use, kind of like Heathcliff with blanking and color support, proper cueing, certainly fewer bugs, decent hardware support...

Quote Originally Posted by eric343
    and assuming I had hardware that worked with it
    Now that I think about it, if you were to package that software with a cheap USB DAC like bILDA2 or Easylase USB (possibly take out the DMX support to cut down the price) and a set of Chinese DT-30 15k scanners, I would have bought that right off the bat and saved a lot of headache.

Come to think of it, bILDA2 is $100 less than EasyLase USB. Figure $200 for the software and $200 for the scanners (you'd be buying in volume) and you could put together a more-than-decent system for $500. Cheaper than Mamba + Easylase for sure. Now if only the Pangolin software wasn't limited to the presumably rather sophisticated Flashback3 board...

Hi there Karl

Welcome to this forum .
    It`s nice to se more ppl that use Mamba.
    I`m very impressed over the software, and I usual have e-mail support after 12-hours "THUMBS UP" that is great !!

Maybe a stupid question, but if you have used mamba for so long time...
    Do you have any show with music to share ? :roll: i love to se some new stuff..

I have only used mamba some weeks now, and I have only making one show to one music file I not so sure about the quality of the show hehe.. but if you want it let me know

Cheers..

Filip
    Norway

hi Filip

Sorry but i only have the shows that come with Mamba ...

As all the stuff that i do is with live Bands ... i use the live player to trigger frames via Midi keyboard ...... so every show i do is different ...... ( but fun )

all the best .... Karl

The thing about the flashback 3 is that it is not only a "USB DAC" but also a flash based standalone lasershow player.
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

I have been using an easylase with mamba 2004 for a few years now and love it.

my easylase smoked the onboard 0v-5v=> -12v-12v converter on it to it now gets its power from a pc power supply not ideal but it works.

P.S. it blew up cause of my fault :P

will be upgrading to black very soon

Quote Originally Posted by psytron
    I have been using an easylase with mamba 2004 for a few years now and love it.

my easylase smoked the onboard 0v-5v=> -12v-12v converter on it to it now gets its power from a pc power supply not ideal but it works.

P.S. it blew up cause of my fault :P

will be upgrading to black very soon
    I love mamba
    I have been trying that Video Raster software ... that is pretty cool also..

Do you have any show with music to use in mamba ?