Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 4 Colours the way to go?

Anyone know of a way to fine tune colours with an fb3 ? Can't find much in livepro or quickshow aside from the three colour sliders in projector settings.

Lasers are ~500mw of 532, ~400mw of 640 and ~270mw of 473

Right now I have a 3 channel fb3, however I'm unable to turn up the green past 50 - 60% without saturating both the red and the blue (the blue to a greater degree I think though)

I'm debating whether to look at adding some 445nm to my existing 270mw of 473nm, or trying to ebay it at a bit of a loss (It's about a month old, only 5 hours or so on it as I'm still finishing the case). But could put the money towards some 445nm and perhaps more red.

Since I'm using a 3 channel fb3 I'd be stuck with sharing the blue modulation line for now, however would be looking for a second dac anyhow soon and was thinking a six channel fb3.

Also, I cannot find anywhere in any of the included software where one can fine tune the colour palette. Is this a feature of the ld/qm2000 only ? Anyone know if this can currently be done or if this is a feature planned to be added to the software soon perhaps ? I'd think that would be a useful feature expecially with more than three colour channels, so hopefully it's in the works.

Unfortunately though an ld/qm2000 is just out of my budget for awhile I think I'd have to get that version of livepro as well, etc.

Appreciate any advice

Cheers

Lightbulb

I think the cheapest way would be to add a 445 diode and a quad of 660nm; 500 to 700 of "deep" blue and 700 or so of deep red should match that green well. Run em with their counterpart's color channel until you get a Qm2000...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    thats excellent news bill, will this b a replacement for the qm?

im guessing it will cost more than the current fb3?
    Andy
    I doubt the FB3 will replace the Qm - main difference in the core way they function is that the qm does all its own processing and timing, all the computer is used for is creating editing and putting content onto the card that the powerful onboard cpu and its own ram can deal with all alone. The FB3 uses the pc to do all the processing streaming data through the USB to the device.
    Dont know about price but would be surprised if the fb3 QS will have added cost over the existing version.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Andy
    I doubt the FB3 will replace the Qm - main difference in the core way they function is that the qm does all its own processing and timing, all the computer is used for is creating editing and putting content onto the card that the powerful onboard cpu and its own ram can deal with all alone. The FB3 uses the pc to do all the processing streaming data through the USB to the device.
    Dont know about price but would be surprised if the fb3 QS will have added cost over the existing version.

Rob
    thought i would ask encase it was going to be a mega fb3 upgrade
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Default Yeah yeah

Yeah bill I keep hearing it's not long before release
    you said this several month ago and a few times since
    now that I got fed up waiting an ordered an fb3
    your bound to release it a month after I get the fb3