Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Create a DMX Frame In Showtime...

Default Create a DMX Frame In Showtime...

Anyone here know how to do it? I seem to be stuck in a labyrinthy maze of indecipherable buttons and settings.

What I'm trying to do is make a frame I can drop into the timeline that will communicate with DMX channel 1 And give it a value of 130. When the frame ends, I want it do reset the value back to 0. Seems simple enough. I ran through the wizard but cannot seems to find the effect in the effects list or I don't know where I should be looking. Also, it seems new DMX effects can only be created in LD-2000 and not Showtime.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Adam

Cool

Send a PM to Frank (Flecom); he had some DMX-enabled frames in the shows he brought to FLEM 8. I'm sure he can hook you up.

Adam

If you still need help with this, feel free to give me a call.

407-299-2088
    Ex-Keeper of the QM2000 boards.

and don't forget to post what you find out -
    that would make an excellent addition to the "LD2000 Tips..." thread!

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...gner-2000-Tips...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Hey Guys!
    Thanks for all your replys. I have since figured it out. There is a hidden setting in the DMX wizard that tells the DMX board what value to go to. I'd lookup the exact settings but I don't have my QM plugged in. The next issue I'm having is turning the DMX position off in showtime. It will usually work just fine in the first frame and using a "Reset Track" but for some reason the second DMX frame seems to stick.... I think I'm almost there but I need to play with it a little more.

I'll post detailed instructions when I have all the facts.

what I did was make a "Reset DMX" frame... just a DMX frame that set all the channels I care about to 0

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    what I did was make a "Reset DMX" frame... just a DMX frame that set all the channels I care about to 0
    Hey Frank,
    Yeah, I tried that and for some reason, didn't work. I will try it again though. It may be that I just made an error in setting.
    Thanks!
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    Hey Frank,
    Yeah, I tried that and for some reason, didn't work. I will try it again though. It may be that I just made an error in setting.
    Thanks!
    Adam
    hrmm, if you want I can post my "mobolazer template" dmx frames on the ftp... its 9 frames, one for each turret and a "reset dmx" frame..

some of the things in the dmx wizard are very unclear as to what they do/why you would want to use them etc... its kind of trial and error really, and dont worry i was mostly error for a few hours of smashing my head against the desk trying to get the pangolin to do what i wanted

oh and just wait till you try and playback shows... a good 90% of the time it wont actually send out any of the dmx data unless you open the QMX application and "turn on" the dmx output, and have it running in the background while you playback your shows... and even then another 10% of the time it wont work even after doing all that, and you have to restart the computer to get it to start spitting out dmx again... can you feel my frustration? lol

I vote "Yes" for sharing the DMX frames if you're willing !
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....