Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thank You Spec

true, he jeered arnold because a laser didn't arrive in croatia or where ever he is. he was calling customs and stuff making a fuss etc. The customs guys probably went :

"sweet!....... so much green. into the pocket you go..............."

He contacted me. We swapped 23 PM's here at photonlexicon...

Heres my story, let this be a lesson to you all.

He contacted me at 4:40am and my inbox has a total of 23 messages from him.

This is from 4:40am to 3:52pm, about 12 hours of pillow talk

On two seperate occasions he stated "I will take it!" Each time was more emphatic than the last, he started asking specific questions about the power supply and how i "seal" it.

I assume this means he wants to modify it, so i state that I used etch epoxy and liquid electrical tape to seal the variable resistors.

He kept pushing the issue stating that "i dont want it potted in case something goes wrong with the power supply I can fix it"

The price started at $550 plus shipping / western union.

Western union was HIS request, not mine. FYI.

After a while I broke down and said, "OK if you dont want me to pot the power supply all I can offer is a DOA warranty because I can not have a client opening the power supply and tinkering with things, that could easily kill the diode if overdriven"

he responded with "Not a problem, I can get the cash up after my ebay auction ends in a week"

I said "not a problem"

The price whoring continued, I dropped the price for a 170ish mW unit down to $550 shipped / insured / full commercial invoice / USPS GEMS to Croatia.

Tons of paperwork, but hell, he seems like a nice guy and the story he fed me about atlasnova seemed reasonable and he stated interest in posting this transaction publicly here on the forum prior to shipping because he was interested in "honest business"

He asked about the divergence and the ability to burn black electrical tape and I told him the divergence was 2.4mrad full and this wasnt a problem as a simple collimator could fix it, not much of a loss either if the correct coatings are used. AND I sent him a video of what this thing does to electrical tape.

http://www.specwhore.com/temp/electape.avi

He then said again "I will take it!!"

after a couple messages and pillow talk he asked me about www.extremelasers.com and their products.

I told him honestly that I like their product offering and I have rarely heard a complaint about them so I feel they would be a good company to deal with, however i feel their price/performance ratio seems a bit high. other than that, good.

his next PM stated, and this is a direct quote from my inbox:

---
    I hope you will not be mad but il buy from them.
    The reason is i can pay by MC and that saves me 100$ in start.

Laser ordered, and imagine the president iis from Croatia Shocked and he gave mi huge discout Wink .

Krešo
    ---

I felt a little slapped in the face over this, what difference does it make where the seller is from and why would he treat me like a ragdoll and I responded with:

---
    Hehe, Good for you.

However, I never once stated that you had to pay by western union, you offered it and I was not going to correct you as it saves me money.

What interests me is the fact that you were quite interested in a laser unit here and i even spent a few hours swapping back PM's only to be told "thanks for your time, however Im going elsewhere, bye."

Business is business however no one says you have to be rude about it.

Just a thought.
    ---

to which he responded with:

---
    Im really sory, these are the reasons why i decided for them:

1. waranty
    2. can pay with a master card
    3. beter price
    4.nobody tampered inside

If i can pay you with mc i would order same second.

I apologized, what else do you want.
    Cheers
    Krešo
    ---

God damn. What a fucking insult. All that for nothing and heres the problem I have with it

1) I offered a warranty commensurate with his requests on not potting the power supply

2) I accept paypal and have no problem with master card

3)I cant fault him for finding a better price, however you DONT say you will take it twice and drag on a seller for 12 hours just to say "fuck you"

4)My work is now "tampering" I cant fucking believe that. I do not tamper with these things. They are chinese units and when I got them they were not perfect, so I did what any self respecting geek would do, I modified them, I tweaked them, I wrenched every last "horsepower" out of them, I maintained all specifications, kept the system cool and well within tolerances, and added blanking. I made them eerily efficient photon cannons all by hand.

These are my children, I made them PERFECT.

Hell, Liteglow is very very very happy with his unit. And I am pleased to see that my "work" payed off in the form of a textbook example of customer satisfaction WHILE maintaining profitablility.

Hell, Liteglow even sent me an extra $60 because he thought "he got too good of a deal"

Now that satisfaction.

But this Kreso creep... I sware... There is no reason for this treatment I recieved.

You do not do that to people...

I have to formulate a final responce to him and because of this impatient childish attitude he has fed me I can only imagine what Atlasnova felt like dealing with him. Its bad enough to where I feel like I must apologise to Arnold as I now know what he must have dealt with.

Such insolence...

I cant believe this... I am awe struck by this level of unprofessionalism and sheer disregard of ethics.

I am speechless.

Welcome to the world of Idiots :x
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

Better pack yer Vaseline with these types.

My shut up now.
    Responses always welcome...whether intelligent replies or smart answers

there are givers, takers, and reciprocators, there are pay backs and pay forwards. he'll get his. i'm sure he's blacklisted on many places. forums, businesses.

wanker. i was sort of trying to warn you about him. No doubt we will here another.....

I am very sorry to pronounce this.....
    i've been ripped off blah blah blah

Don't worry, he'll be calling customs and the post office every second day and this one will disappear too.

He will call his post office EVERY day starting with the second day.

Spec, buyers are like any other animal. Some are good cleaver and loyal, others are real baddies. In the animal Kindom the baddies die out though natural selection (being killed by the others), unfortantly this is not true in humanity, all too oftern the wanker wins.

Time will tell, but I am sure a cull is well overdue..... and if it does come then we can "illuminate to elimnate", until then all we can do is just get drunk and comply.

I have an ebay rating of nearly 500 (goldmagnet), and a good feedback rating, but there has been many a time when I wanted to jump in the car and carry out a face to face transaction.

On a more positive point, thanks for the board, its a goods place to talk frank and honestly.

Regards

Gold

Hey Spec

Photonlexicon has a section to review sellers "The seller was perfect or perfectly incompetent?".

Perhaps we should have a buyers section ?

Gold

the wanker is "sitting on the dock of the bay" waiting for the ship to arrive. he's pestering every long shoreman, and mr. custom agent man about his "legal laser". IS IT HERE YET?