Thread: FleaBay cops are on vacation!

Default FleaBay cops are on vacation!

Check it out: I have,at one point in time, included pictures of me holding my 30+mW laser modules in my hand to show scale and brilliance, and had my ad yanked from FleaBay with the rude autoresponder message that my modules could not be sold, b/c evidently my "modules" were mistakenly viewed as "pointers".

WELLLL

I see that some other guy has likeabout 8 items posted here...http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...757841908&rd=1

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo

Either FleaBay cops are on vacation, or they just don't like my plumbing -- who knows what -- but it's got me good and peeved fierce that I had to get my ads pulled, for what I later discover to be a discrepancy of policy...aren't 30mW laser "pointers" ... like...not only unstable and prone to eat up batteries etc...but also (according to FleaBay) not *allowed* on FleaBay??

What gives??!!
    Responses always welcome...whether intelligent replies or smart answers

Ohio of all places... Looks like Tao's product line...

Registrant:
    Lightwave Devolution

716 Portage Rd
    Wooster, Ohio 44691
    United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: LIGHTWAVEDE.NET
    Created on: 04-Mar-05
    Expires on: 04-Mar-06
    Last Updated on: 08-Mar-05

Administrative Contact:
    Haller, Robert haller3@zoominternet.net
    216 N Crown Hill Rd
    Orrville, Ohio 44667
    United States
    (330) 315-2880
    Technical Contact:
    Haller, Robert haller3@zoominternet.net
    216 N Crown Hill Rd
    Orrville, Ohio 44667
    United States
    (330) 315-2880

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS1.STARTLOGIC.COM
    NS2.STARTLOGIC.COM

If it walks, talks, and quacks like a duck. Its probably a Poodle in a trenchcoat... Buyer beware.

Hey Kcar, I remember reading in an email from ebay that they, and I qoute : "Only remove Items they hear about"

Might want to shoot them an email.

Looks like I stirred up a hornets net on Wicked's site...
    really didnt mean too.....

Come to find out the dude "Cipher" (he posted later on Wicked's site) is the one selling these and apparently didnt know ebays rules on these.."if there are any" . He looked and didnt find any reason not too, so he posted them.
    I too have been up and down thru their rules and didn't find anything making them "illegal" to sell.

But they "eBay" do say its against ebay policy to sell over 5mW laser pointers.
    I have recieved that response myself from them.

However, They will pull it if someone complains..I wont, because it might cause problems for all lasers.,

but someone else might..just because they are afraid some kid might buy it and get hurt...
    In otherwords , selling to the "uneducated" crowd.

I guess it just made me mad too.. because "I" cant sell my lasers because of the high powered pointers showing up there...and all the attention they are getting. drawing away from the ones selling real lasers. or at least something that will last longer.

Sure...we all want the handheld ones. --- but "those" will die all too soon.
    and they will graduate to the better ones.

Rant finished
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

Well, I couldnt sleep unless I posted this.
    This guy (chipher) just doesnt give up...
    They were yanked off because they were "POINTERS" over 5mW dumbass
    He's BAAAACCKKK
    His latest tactic...he bullshitted eBay!!!

His words---
    Any Listed Device Containing a >5mW Laser Module is classified as an OEM laser component in accordance with 21 CFR (code of Federal Regulations) 1040.10 and 1040.11***( BUT NOT THIS ONE DUDE)***. These lasers are not intended for use by anyone under the age of 18 as they are for professional, commercial, scientific, or educational use ONLY Never remove a laser modules Infrared Filter or otherwise dissemble or modify this device. Only Class IIIA (<5mW) Lasers are allowed by law to be used as a general pointer. Class IIIB (any device with a rated output greater then 5mW) are only for the applications as listed above. Misuse of these components can lead to criminal prosecution under Ohio and Federal laws. By bidding on and/or purchasing this device you become fully responsible for the safe application of this component and its use. It is the customers sole responsibility to conform to FDA/CDRH guidelines in applying this component to your finished or manufactured device. We assume no responsibility for the misuse of this component after it is paid for, as it becomes the property of the purchaser. The seller and its products are based outside the USA (***I didnt know OHIO was no longer in the US**** pure BS). If you do not agree with these terms, please proceed no further.

THIS LASER IS NOT A TOY OR POINTING DEVICE,

REALLY!!! , Um ...WTF do you call that ............... he's on LSD

His auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

I also noticed a few slipping by from other sellers.
    They put up a one-day auction..that way eBay cant or wont respond in time...

Oh Well...Newbee's are pickin them up...we'll see them later posting how to fix it...I'm sure
    :roll:
    I'm Ok now... :roll:
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF