Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1st scanner build, the questions start here.

Lightbulb

Chances are you are now using the wrong side of the mirror unless you also took it off the galvo and turned it around.. if I am understanding what you did. Otherwise as long as you have it set in such a way as your beam is going in the right direction all you may have to do is rotate a jumper on your galvo driver to invert the direction and you should be good.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

I actually unglued and rotated the mirror itself, I guess I should have made that clear. If all I have to do is flip a jumper now then that great. No I just hope I did a good job putting the mirror back on straight.

Thumbs up

I think the scanpros have a jumper to invert them. Might have to do it in software until you find it but it should be listed on the manual.

Only 300mW for the 12x? I've seen them pushed up to almost 1W, I'm sure you could get them to 500mW each safely at least

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    Only 300mW for the 12x? I've seen them pushed up to almost 1W, I'm sure you could get them to 500mW each safely at least
    Would those be the PHR-803T diodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    I believe he said 300mW after 20% loss through the three element lenses. Also you have to consider longevity; LPF members might be pushing them to insane power levels for pointer use, but in a projector......
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    Would those be the PHR-803T diodes?
    No, that diode is only reliable to around 90 - 100mW.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    No, that diode is only reliable to around 90 - 100mW.
    Does anyone know a source for these higher power diodes, preferably havested or just sleds than buying whole Pioneer BDR-205 drives?

Things:
    Yeah but people aren't pushing them to those levels(500mW) in a scanner. I have my diodes set to around 375mW, there is just some loss through the lenses. I don't want to change the diodes out for a while, not after meticulously aligning the beams. There will also be alot of losses through the pbs and scanner mirrors so bumping the diodes any higher wont make much difference in the final output.

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    Does anyone know a source for these higher power diodes, preferably havested or just sleds than buying whole Pioneer BDR-205 drives?
    As far as i know the only place to get them is from the drives, I don't think the manufacturers sell bare diodes. If you want harvested diodes I can get you some, I am going to make an order of some more 12x blu-ray drives soon for myself so I could order them and harvest them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWilling View Post
    If you want harvested diodes I can get you some, I am going to make an order of some more 12x blu-ray drives soon for myself so I could order them and harvest them for you.
    OK, thanks for offering. I would be interested to know what that would cost me. I guess shipping the diodes (or sleds) to Australia would be cheaper than shipping whole drives.

The drives here are about AUD240, so to be cost effective...

I'd probably be looking for just one at this stage as I already have a reasonable 473nm in my projector.

Thanks